Engineering Village (Compendex) Quiz Challenge 2020
About Engineering Village (Compendex)
Engineering Village (Compendex) covers high-quality, relevant and cross-disciplinary content, enabling engineers and researchers to perform thorough and effective literature reviews, analyze the research landscape, and solve problems.
Content that engineering researchers need
Users depend on content deeply-indexed by domain experts from many types of sources materials covered in Engineering Village to engage in early-stage research, make cutting-edge discoveries, stay up-to-date, and expand knowledge.
Enter for a chance to win prizes
Based on random drawing, winners may receive one of the following prizes:
1 Smartwatch (AUD 450)
1 Bluetooth headset (AUD 300)
1 Bluetooth speaker (AUD 150)
10 Woolworths e-gift cards (each AUD 30)
How to enter
- Open link to quiz
- In a new tab or window, open Engineering Village and login to your account
- Follow the instructions and answer all four questions using Compendex
- Enter your details
- Finish the quiz and wait for results
The entry form must include a valid name, phone number, email address in the appropriate field, title, division, class and answer all the questions as well as confirmation that the entrant has attained the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction (i.e., Australia or New Zealand), their country of residence at the time of the entry.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve chances of winning. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Entrants may participate in the challenge from 20th May 2020 at 12:00 AEST through 30th June 2020 23:59 AEST. Sponsor's server shall serve as the official clock for this challenge.
The Elsevier Engineering Villlage (Compendex) Quiz Challenge 2020 is open to all individuals who:
- Are students currently enrolled at any Australia & New Zealand institutions and who are currently subscribing to Engineering Village – Compendex database,
- Have attained the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction (i.e., Australia or New Zealand) at the time of entry;
- Are current residents of Australia and New Zealand; and
- Have answered 4 (four) questions correctly.
Employees of sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and agents, and their immediate families or those living in the same household, are not eligible to enter. Entrant may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or multiple identities or use any other device or artifice to obtain more than one entry for the challenge.
Thirteen winners who have correctly answered four questions (or less if not enough entries are received) with four correct responses until 30th June 2020 23:59 AEST from all eligible entries received during the challenge period in accordance with these official rules. If the number of entrants who have correctly answered 4 (four) questions exceeds thirteen (13), then winners will be picked randomly from all eligible entries received during the challenge period that have satisfied the correct answers requirement.
Odds of selection depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The prize drawing will be conducted by the sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding in all respects. All winners are subject to proving eligibility in order to receive a prize.
A list with the name of the winners is available on this website through the link below. Winners will also receive a notification email to claim their prize.Show more
Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected notification email. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or if any potential winner fails to respond to the prize notification within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification, or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, an alternate winner shall be selected through another random drawing conducted by Sponsor. A winner may waive the right to receive the prize. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. Winners will be asked to execute and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release (except where prohibited by law) within fourteen (14) days of notification. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, each prize will be awarded via e-mail to the name and e-mail address provided in the entry form within 6 to 8 weeks following. Non-compliance within that time period or failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner's disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification email as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects.
The questions of the contest really showed the range of search tools and possibilities of Engineering Village and Compendex. I had used it before for a systematic review during my PhD research project and I found it comprehensive and extremely user-friendly. The contest allowed me to learn a few new search tricks which are great for PhD candidates learning their way in the academic world.
- Larissa A.M. - First winner
The competition added some challenge while also showing some features of the database that I was previously not aware of. Overall a 10/10 experience!
- Jake M. - Second winner
This quiz is sponsored by Elsevier APAC RSS Engineering, at 3 Killiney Road, #08-01, Winsland House I, 239519, Singapore. It is subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations and void where prohibited or restricted by law.Consent to use of personal information
None of the entries submitted by participants will be treated as confidential. As such, entrants should not submit proprietary information. Entrants further agree that personally identifiable information may be processed, stored, and otherwise used for the purposes of the challenge, including, but not limited to, checking participant's identity, email address, and institutional affiliation, or to otherwise verify eligibility to participate.
Employees of Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and agents, and their immediate families or those living in the same household, are not eligible to enter. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their institution or employer relative to their participation in trade promotions and should check with their institution or employer for any relevant policies. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Entrant may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or multiple identities or use any other device or artifice to obtain more than one entry for the challenge. Any entrant who attempts to participate in multiple e-mail and/or multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to obtain more than one entry may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted a response, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the response. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If an eligible individual cannot be determined and verified in the manner described above, the entry will be disqualified as null and void. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Odds of selection depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Upon certification by Sponsor as an eligible participant, each winner will receive the prize. No assignment, substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability at time of award. All other expenses associated with use of the prize, including, but not limited to local, state, or federal taxes on the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Entry in this promotional challenge constitutes each entrant's agreement to pay all applicable taxes and duties and comply with all laws.
- By entering the challenge, entrants release and hold harmless sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, representatives, vendors, partners and agents, from any and all liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for or related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liabilities, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injury, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) arising out of or in connection with the challenge or the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including, without limitation, negligence, whether active, passive, or imputed), strict liability, product liability, contribution, or any other theory, to the extent permitted by law.
- The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles.
Neither Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, nor its advertising or promotional agencies shall have any obligation, liability or responsibility for:
- Telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind;
- Any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the promotional challenge to be disrupted;
- Any printing or typographical errors in these official rules or any other materials associated with the challenge;
- Entries that contain incorrect or inaccurate information or do not comply with these official rules; or
- Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entry of any person tampering with or abusing the entry process, conduct of the promotional challenge or otherwise violating these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the promotional challenge if it cannot be completed as planned because of tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.