See what SciVal can do for you
Constantly evolving and ever more challenging, today's R&D landscape requires research managers to devise better ways to measure the quality and impact of their institution's research projects. Elsevier's SciVal offers quick, easy access to the research performance of 4,600 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide. A ready-to-use solution with unparalleled power and flexibility, SciVal enables you to navigate the world of research and devise an optimal plan to drive and analyze your performance.
SciVal builds on Elsevier's extensive experience over several years working with many leading institutions worldwide via SciVal Spotlight and SciVal Strata.
Learn more by watching:
- The quick-start demo video to see how easily you can navigate the world of research and benchmark your performance accurately and meaningfully against other institution or group of researchers in the world.
Visualize research performance
Access comprehensive research performance summaries of any desired research entities, identify their unique research strengths and multidisciplinary Research Areas.
- Retrieve at-a-glance, standardized reports instantly
Benchmark your progress
Compare the performance of any institutions, countries, and pre-defined groups, or create your own research area and monitor progress over time.
- Perform in-depth analyses to meet your specific objectives by selecting any combination of subject areas and metrics from a comprehensive set
Develop collaborative partnerships
Identify and analyze existing and potential collaboration opportunities based on publication output and citation impact.
- Explore your institution's current and prospective partnerships on Google maps
- Identify your top collaborative institutions and co-authorship drilling into specific subject areas and self-defined research topics
Analyze research trends
Analyze the research trends of any Research Area with citation and usage data, to discover the top performers and rising stars.
- View the overall performance of a Research Area, then dig deeper into the activity and impact of the institutions, countries, authors and journals involved and adjust your research strategy accordingly
- Usage information complements citation data to give a more complete picture of research performance
SciVal at a glance
SciVal helps you assess your institution's research performance from a variety of perspectives in order to establish, execute and evaluate strategies based on reliable evidence. Our Profile Refinement Service pre-populates SciVal with your institution's researchers and departments so you can start analyzing their performance straight away. Using advanced data analytics super-computer technology, SciVal allows you to instantly process an enormous amount of data, 32 million publication records from 21,912 journals of 5,000 publishers worldwide, and provides access to more than 75 trillion metric values to generate powerful data visualizations on-demand, in seconds.
|Integrated modular platform||Visualize research performance from multiple perspectives using SciVal's easy-to-use interface.|
|Create and select research entities||Test scenarios by modeling any Research Areas or groups such as newly evolving interdisciplinary Research Areas, groups of researchers to apply for a large-scale grant program, and departmental renovations.|
|Select metrics||Select and combine any set of metrics to measure an institution's or a country's productivity, citation impact, collaboration, subject disciplinarity, visibility and more.|
|High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC) Systems||View and analyze big sets of data, fast, and generate graphs and tables on-demand.|
|Scopus publications and citation data||Get access to comprehensive publication data drawn from Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature.|
|Scopus and ScienceDirect usage data||Incorporate COUNTER compliant usage data from Scopus and ScienceDirect into your analysis to reflect the engagement of the whole research community.|
View the recordings from the launch webinar and learn how early adopters are using SciVal
A comprehensive guidebook to help you understand the practical use of metrics.
SciVal offers a broad spectrum of industry-accepted and easy-to-interpret metrics.