See what the new generation of SciVal can do for you
Constantly evolving and ever more challenging, today's R&D landscape requires research managers to ensure satisfying outcomes, and devise better ways to measure the quality and impact of research projects. Elsevier's new generation of SciVal offers quick, easy access to the research performance of 4,600 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide. A ready-to-use solution with unparalleled power and flexibility, SciVal enables you to navigate the world of research and devise an optimal plan to drive and analyze your performance.
SciVal builds on Elsevier's extensive experience over several years working with many leading institutions worldwide via SciVal Spotlight and SciVal Strata.
Learn more by watching:
- The quick-start demo video to see how easily you can navigate the world of research and benchmark your performance accurately and meaningfully against other institution or group of researchers in the world.
- The recordings from the launch webinars to learn from your peer institutions about their challenges and how SciVal informs intelligent decisions.
Released 15th October 2014
New Journal Classifications (Released 15th October)
In addition to the current Scopus All Science Journal Classification (ASJC), SciVal will include three new classifications below.
Users can now select the most relevant journal classifications to compare their institution's performance and plan for their next national assessment exercises.
Redesign of Overview's summary page (Released 15th October)
The new and improved visualization will provide a more dashboard-style view making SciVal even more accessible to people who are less familiar with research metrics.
The dashboard can be exported in a PDF report format for easy sharing with your colleagues.
"This is close to a management report. I would be comfortable going forward with something like this. That is 80% of what they're going to ask for."
Visualize research performance
Access comprehensive research performance summaries of any desired research entities, identify their unique research strengths and multidisciplinary research areas.
- Retrieve at-a-glance, standardized reports instantly
- Access competency maps for all institutions and countries to identify research strengths and its newly emerging interdisciplinary areas
Benchmark your progress
Compare the performance of any institutions, countries, and pre-defined groups, or create your own research area and monitor progress over time.
- Perform in-depth analyses to meet your specific objectives by selecting any combination of subject areas and metrics from a comprehensive set
- Identify your relative strengths and weaknesses to optimize your strategy
Develop collaborative partnerships
Identify and analyze existing and potential collaboration opportunities based on publication output and citation impact.
- Explore your institution's current and prospective partnerships on Google maps
- Identify your top collaborative institutions and co-authorship drilling into specific subject areas and self-defined research topics
SciVal at a glance
SciVal helps you assess your institution's research performance from a variety of perspectives in order to establish, execute and evaluate strategies based on reliable evidence. Using advanced data analytics super-computer technology, SciVal allows you to instantly process an enormous amount of data, 32 million publication records from 21,912 journals of 5,000 publishers worldwide, and provides access to more than 75 trillion metric values to generate powerful data visualizations on-demand, in seconds.
|Integrated modular platform||Visualize research performance from multiple perspectives using SciVal's easy-to-use interface.|
|Create and select research entities||Test scenarios by modeling any research areas or groups such as newly evolving interdisciplinary research areas, groups of researchers to apply for a large-scale grant program, and departmental renovations.|
|Select metrics||Select and combine any set of metrics to measure an institution's or a country's productivity, citation impact, collaboration, subject disciplinarity and more.|
|High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC) Systems||View and analyze big sets of data, fast, and generate graphs and tables on-demand.|
|Scopus data||Get access to comprehensive publication data drawn from Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature.|
SciVal offers a broad spectrum of industry-accepted and easy-to-interpret metrics.
A comprehensive guidebook to help you understand the practical use of metrics.
View the recordings from the launch webinar and learn how early adopters are using SciVal