Analytical Services provides accurate, unbiased research performance analysis by combining our high quality data sources with technical and bibliometric expertise formed from over 130 years as a journal publisher. Our team is experienced in serving policy makers, funders, and academic and corporate research institutions around the world. Our offerings range from relatively simple and specifically targeted reports to more comprehensive multidimensional studies, as well as data delivery and web integration services to meet your research management needs.
Analytical Report Services
Analytical Services adds value to the data through careful analysis and the creation of reports which present clients with data-driven key findings and insights. The resulting insights answer pressing questions relevant to research management and inform decisions related to funding allocations, research policies and strategies.
National Research Assessment Studies
These studies provide objective, actionable assessments of your nation’s research performance to help you evaluate and optimize your research strategy. Analyses are available on a range of topics including:
- International comparative performance analysis
- Effectiveness and impact of funded projects
- Cross-disciplinary impact of research topics
- Research position and collaboration trends of selected countries or regions
- Human capital brain circulation
- Knowledge transfer
Institutional Research Performance Analysis
These analyses evaluate your institution’s research performance and benchmark against selected peer institutions. Analytical reports can be customized to meet your institution's needs by combining various topics including:
- Output growth and impact of research
- Collaboration analysis
- Multidisciplinary competencies
- Star articles per subject areas
- University Research Administrator reports (Japan)
- Unit of Assessment benchmark (UK)
Research Landscape Studies
These thematic reports examine the dynamics of a particular research area of interest and provide visibility into present and future trends. Analyses are available on a range of topics including:
- Subject area shifts
- Publication landscape and impact per country and institution
- International collaboration and impact
- Cross-sector collaboration
Data Integration Services
Analytical Services also provides data and platforms to help funders and research organizations perform their own research performance evaluations.
Web integration services to support national research assessment exercises
Analytical Services can create a web integrated platform that matches your institutional data to Scopus content and returns bibliometric data required for your national research assessment exercise.
Integrating researcher databases with Scopus
Analytical Services can create a mutual link between Scopus and your institution's or country's researcher database in order to improve the accuracy of author profiles and help researchers demonstrate a more comprehensive picture of their distinctive expertise.
Scopus Custom Data
Scopus Custom Data is selected by policy makers, funders, and academic and corporate research institutions for its breadth of coverage and rich structured data. Scopus Custom Data allows your organization to acquire specified datasets from Elsevier's Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, in a rich and structured XML format.
Here are just a few examples of how Scopus Custom Data is being used:
- Conducting bibliometric analysis to measure ROI of funded projects
- Text mining by data experts to identify research trends
- Creating an in-house database combining various content sources such as patents, technical documents and publication data
- Showcasing publication outputs
How does it work?
In order to provide the best solution, Analytical Services takes a consultative approach to understand your information needs.
Analytical Services takes the time to understand your goals and interests in order to provide the most appropriate analysis. Please consult your local Elsevier sales team to discuss how Analytical Services can meet your specific needs.