Terms and Conditions for Posting to PubMed Central or PMC mirror sites
Elsevier has established arrangements with certain funding agencies to facilitate the posting of the final Elsevier published open access journal articles to PubMed Central (PMC) or PMC mirror sites.
For open access articles published in either and Elsevier open access journal or via our open access article program the following rights and permissions are associated to articles posted to PMC or PMC mirrored sites:
- Journal articles posted to PMC are protected by copyright and are posted to PMC by permission of Elsevier.
- Open access articles will bear the Cross Mark logo which will link back to the final version of record published article hosted on Science Direct.
- All articles published open access are available free of charge to both subscribers and the wider public on ScienceDirect and Elsevier’s electronic publishing platforms with permitted reuse under the author’s choice of user license.
- When an open access article has been posted to PMC, the reuse of the PMC version is also defined by the author’s choice of user license.
- PMC and PMC mirror site host organizations are responsible for all links within the document and for incorporating any publisher-supplied amendments or retractions issued subsequently.
Documents posted to PubMed Central are without warranty from Elsevier of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. In no event shall Elsevier be liable for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection, with the use or performance of this information.