Preparing CRC journal articles with LaTeX
Camera-ready copy (CRC) journals are those that reproduce the author's manuscript exactly, with no intervention by the typesetter. Such journals are the exception rather than the rule; if a journal is CRC, this fact is clearly indicated in the instructions to authors. The Procedia series of journals, for example, are genuine CRC. If in doubt, authors should assume that a journal is typeset and that the instructions on this page do not apply.
For LaTeX authors of camera-ready articles, we provide the ecrc.sty package. This is a small package designed to work with the elsarticle document class. All the features of elsarticle are available, along with a few extra commands specific to CRC reproduction.
Documentation for the use of ecrc.sty is included in the manuscript template file available below.
The archive file elsarticle-ecrc.zip contains all the necessary files to run this package. To install ecrc.sty, unzip the elsarticle-ecrc.zip file. Usually the file can be unzipped directly in the local tree of your TeX distribution (for TeX Live, this would be in the texmf-local directory). The archive contains the following files:
- The elsarticle document class, elsarticle.cls
- The elsarticle documentation, elsdoc.pdf
- A BibTeX style file for the numbered reference style, elsarticle-num.bst (other bibliographic styles are available on the elsarticle page but Elsevier CRC generally uses a numbered reference style)
- The package file for Elsevier CRC, ecrc.sty
- Journal logo files elsevier-logo-3p.pdf, SDlogo-3p.pdf used to make the CRC article (when compiling with PDFLaTeX)
- Alternative logo files elsevier-logo-3p.eps and SDlogo-3p.eps for use with LaTeX
- A template manuscript file, ecrc-template.tex
Once the package has been installed, edit the manuscript file ecrc-template.tex according to the instructions in that file, and save with a new name. The manuscript file should be compiled with PDFLaTeX (and BibTeX if desired).
A few CRC journals have bespoke packages available for them. These packages have the same contents as the package listed above, but with modifications for the relevant journal.
Please only use these packages after confirmation from the journal's editors.
- Nuclear Physics B Proceedings Supplement
- Physics Procedia
- Procedia Chemistry
- Procedia Computer Science
- Procedia Energy
- Procedia Engineering
- Procedia Environmental Sciences
- Procedia IUTAM
- Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences