Elsevier Adds Five New Book Titles to its Neuroscience Portfolio
Waltham, MA, November 6, 2013
New book titles will be first presented
at Neuroscience 2013 conference in San Diego, November 10-13
New book titles will be first presented at Neuroscience 2013 conference in San Diego, November 10-13
world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information
products and services, today announced publishing five new neuroscience book
titles from well-known researchers and authors Paul Glimcher, George Paxinos, Stanislaw
Brzychczy, Pascal Wallisch and Michael Petrides. The new books will be first
presented at the Society for Neuroscience's conference, Neuroscience 2013, taking place in San Diego, November 10-13,
The new books expand Elsevier's neuroscience books portfolio serving this rapidly changing and growing field. Additionally, the books complement Elsevier's neuroscience journals, also on exhibit at the conference. Neuroeconomics: Decision Making and the Brain by Paul Glimcher and Ernst Fehr is a fully revised second edition of the PROSE award-winning title that is the only comprehensive reference on the neurobiology of decision making, edited and authored by the founders of the field. Glimcher is the Principal Investigator for the Glimcher Lab and Director of the Center for Neuroeconomics at New York University.
The new edition of The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates by George Paxinos, a highly distinguished researcher and author, and Charles Watson includes recent findings on developmental gene expression and shows the boundaries of neuromeres in the diencephalon and brain stem. Since its first edition in 1982, the atlas has been cited over 60,000 times, making it the most cited publication in neuroscience.
The five new neuroscience book titles published under the Academic Press imprint are:
- Neuroeconomics: Decision Making and the Brain by Paul Glimcher and Ernst Fehr
- The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates by George Paxinos and Charles Watson
- Mathematical Neuroscience by Stanislaw Brzychczy and Roman Poznanski
- Neuroanatomy of Language Regions of the Human Brain by Michael Petrides
- MATLAB for Neuroscientists: An Introduction to Scientific Computing in MATLAB by Pascal Wallisch, Michael Lusignan, Marc Benayoun, Tanya Baker, Adam Dickey and Nicholas Hatsopoulos
What will be happening at Elsevier's booth #213 at Neuroscience 2013:
- Neuroeconomics author Paul Glimcher is available to sign copies of his book on Monday, November 11 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm PST
- Author George Paxinos is available to copies of his atlases and neuroanatomy books on Tuesday, November 12 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm PST
- Cell Press editors are available for "Meet the Editor" events on Sunday, November 10, Monday, November 11, and Tuesday, November 12 10:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm each day
All of the books listed above are available through the Elsevier Store and many are available on ScienceDirect, Elsevier's full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than nearly 2,200 peer-reviewed journals, almost 900 serials and close to 22,000 book titles.
# # #
Note to editors
The books are available to credentialed journalists upon request; contact Michelle McMahon at +1 781 663 2268 or email@example.com to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with an author.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence, and ClinicalKey — and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268