Elsevier Hosts Exclusive Webcast on Measuring Performance in Multidisciplinary Research Landscape
Groundbreaking Case Study on Alternative Energy Illustrates New Method for Identifying Leaders
WHAT: Live webcast, “Research Leadership Redefined…Measuring Performance in Multidisciplinary Landscape” that will:
- Discuss the challenges of accurately measuring research performance
- Offer insight into a new methodology for evaluating output through a multidisciplinary lens
- Share results of a new study on alternative energy research leadership
WHY: Developing an accurate picture of how universities and countries are performing with respect to research is critical to advancing the frontiers of science. As the most pressing scientific challenges today increasingly require multidisciplinary solutions, the traditional methods of measuring research output no longer capture the reality of today’s scientific landscape.
WHO: Hosted by Elsevier, a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. Speakers will include:
- Jay Katzen, Managing Director of Elsevier A&G and an expert on research productivity
- Dick Klavans, Senior Development Advisor for Elsevier A&G and a renowned expert on research performance measurement and science mapping
- Kevin Boyack, Senior Development Advisor for Elsevier and a recognized authority on multidisciplinary research.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 3, 2009
11:00 a.m. EST (Eastern Daylight Time, i.e. New York)
REGISTER: If you would like to register visit www.scival.com/webcast or please contact Amanda Sham email@example.com Jessica Disch firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information. Both can also be reached at +1 212 752 8338.About Elsevier
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence, and ClinicalKey — and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).Media Contact:
Amanda Sham / Jessica Disch
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
+ 1 212 752 8338