Elsevier’s ClinicalKey Announces 2012 Editorial Advisory Board
Atlanta, GA, June 12, 2012– Elsevier, a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced today the members of its editorial advisory board for ClinicalKey, the next generation clinical insight engine that launched in April 2012. The board is composed of 12 doctors who represent a multitude of medical specialties.
“In assembling this editorial advisory board, we wanted it to reflect ClinicalKey’s broad reach across many medical specialties while also having clinicians with deep experience within each specialty area,” said Jim Donohue, Managing Director, Global Clinical Reference, Elsevier. “These physician leaders offer decades of experience in research and patient care, and they understand what clinicians are looking for when seeking clinical answers.”
David Goldmann, M.D., the Editor-in-Chief of Elsevier’s First Consult, is the board chair.
The advisory board members are the following:
1. David Goldmann, M.D., FACP, Board Chair (Internal Medicine), Vice President, Editor in Chief, First Consult, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia.
2. Michael H. Crawford, M.D. (Cardiovascular Disease),Chief of Clinical Cardiology, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco.
3. Joseph Ming Wah Li, M.D. (Hospital Medicine), Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chief, Section of Hospital Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston.
4. Jay S. Duker, M.D. (Ophthalmology), Professor and Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston.
5. Hugh C. Hemmings Jr., M.D., PhD (Anesthesiology and Pharmacology), Professor and Vice Chair of Anesthesiology and Professor of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York.
6. Frank H. Miller, M.D. (Radiology),Professor of Radiology, Chief of Body Imaging and GI Imaging, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago.
7. Thomas Moore, M.D. (Obstetrics & Gynecology/Reproductive Medicine), Professor and Chairman, Department of Reproductive Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine, San Diego.
8. M. Blair Marshall, M.D. (Thoracic Surgery), Chief, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
9. Bonita Stanton, M.D. (Pediatrics),Schotanus Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit.
10. Denne Thomas-Patterson, M.D. (Family Medicine),Crozer Keystone Health System, Philadelphia.
11. Stephen R. Thompson, M.D., MEd, FRCSC (Orthopedic Surgery/Sports Medicine),Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic, University of Western Ontario, Canada.
12. Todd W. Thomsen, M.D., Harvard University (Emergency Medicine), Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
13. Leonard S. Lilly, M.D. (Cardiovascular Disease),Chief of Brigham and Women’s/Faulkner Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
ClinicalKey draws upon answers from the largest collection of clinical resources, covering every medical and surgical specialty. ClinicalKey's content includes more than 800 textbooks and 500 top medical journals, providing the most current clinically relevant evidence-based answers, as well as expert commentary, MEDLINE abstracts and select third-party journals.
More detail about individual and institutional subscription packages isat Info.ClinicalKey.com.About Elsevier
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence, and ClinicalKey — and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Vice President, Global Corporate Relations
+1 215 239 3508