Elsevier Aligns Solutions to Empower Meaningful Care
Integrated clinical solutions from Elsevier, including new order sets, work to help healthcare providers achieve clinical, operational and financial excellence
Philadelphia, PA, February 28, 2013 – Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, has aligned its clinical decision support (CDS) and clinical reference solutions to help healthcare providers and payers achieve clinical, operational and financial excellence.
The latest example of this alignment is InOrder by Elsevier, an intuitive, cloud-based order set solution that enables clinicians to author, review and publish orders in a collaborative environment that quickly translates evidence-based knowledge into better patient care. By combining Elsevier's deep experience in providing evidence-based content and the capability to make updates rapidly as regulations and medications change, InOrder can help hospitals and clinicians increase patient safety and prevent medical errors.
“From analytics and reporting to evidence-based clinical information delivery, clinical practice transformation and patient education, Elsevier empowers meaningful care by providing a patient-centered approach to helping organizations achieve clinical, operational and financial excellence,” said Jay Katzen, President of Elsevier’s clinical solutions business. “As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, we are working hard to make it easier for providers and payers to achieve their best performance.”
Elsevier will demonstrate its integrated solutions at its booth (#6129) at the Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS13) annual meeting in New Orleans, March 4-6. Using a patient-centered approach, Elsevier has aligned an integrated suite of capabilities for healthcare providers unmatched in the industry:
- Analytics & Reporting
- Drug Reference & Decision Support
- Learning & Performance Management
- Evidence-Based Guidelines, Clinical Content & Order Sets
- Interdisciplinary Care Planning & Documentation
- Patient Education and Engagement
Also at HIMSS13, Elsevier will present several new and enhanced product solutions:
- Dr. Jonathan Teich, PhD, FHIMSS, FACMI, Elsevier’s Chief Medical Informatics Officer, will host a special breakfast briefing called “A New Approach to Practical, Usable Order Sets” on Monday, March 4. The briefing will examine the challenges of order sets and how Elsevier’s new solution, InOrder, addresses those challenges. Those interested in attending should register online.
- Elsevier will also demonstrate ClinicalKey, a clinical insight engine that provides the most current and clinically relevant evidence-based answers, as well as expert commentary, MEDLINE abstracts and select third-party journals. At HIMSS13, ClinicalKey will also salute the winners of its first Key Innovator Award contest.
- Elsevier’s MEDai analytics group, which empowers payers and providers to transform care delivery and streamline operations through actionable analytics, will demonstrate the Physician Portal and Physician Profiler in its new MEDai Navigator solution and its new Pinpoint Risk product. Dr. Peter Edelstein, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Elsevier’s MEDai analytics group, will present on “Predictive Analytics for the Bedside Provider” at the HIMSS13 Clinical & Business Analytics/Intelligence Knowledge Center, Booth #869, Kiosk #4, on Monday, March 4.
- Elsevier’s ExitCare will showcase two solutions for engaging patients: ExitCare OnScreen is a video delivery system that delivers a collection of multimedia programs through digital video, animated graphics and interactive questions. The ExitCare Program, a meaningful use certifiable solution that delivers print-based patient education, will be featured in the HIMSS13 Meaningful Use Experience pavilion, kiosk #149-24.
- Elsevier’s Revenue Cycle eLearning will demonstrate its phased, role-based planning and online education resources for ICD-10 that ensure hospital staff receive the right training at the right time. At the ICD-10 Knowledge Center (booth #4581, kiosk #2) on Monday, March 4, ICD-10 expert Deb Neville, RHIA, CCS-P, Elsevier’s Director of Revenue Cycle, Coding and Compliance, will present “ICD-10 Transition: Building Confidence.”
Two of Elsevier’s nationally known thought leaders will be active at HIMSS13. Dr. Teich will present the closing keynote – “The Future of Healthcare Innovation” – at the HIMSS Innovation Symposium on Sunday, March 3. And Michelle Troseth, MSN, RN, DPNAP, FAANRN, Elsevier’s Chief Professional Practice Officer, will co-present a HIMSS Educational Session on “TIGER IMPACT: Measuring VLE Metrics and More of the TIGER Story!”on Monday, March 4.
For details on these and other Elsevier presentations, see the complete list at www.clinicaldecisionsupport.com/himss13
# # #About Elsevier
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence, and ClinicalKey — and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations
+1 212 633 3164