RCUK Prepaid Open Access Plan
Elsevier - JISC Collections
To help UK authors comply with the RCUK mandate for open access publishing, Elsevier and JISC Collections have developed a pilot prepayment plan for open access publication fees.
How does it work?
This prepaid option is available for authors employed at the following universities, for articles accepted for publication in the time period indicated:
|Participating university||Eligibility period|
|Aston University||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
|University of Bath||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
|University of Birmingham||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
|University of Bristol||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
|University of Loughborough||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
|University College London||01 August 2014 - 31 July 2015|
For an article to be eligible for the prepaid open access plan, it must fulfill the following criteria:
- The corresponding author is an employee of a participating university
- The article acknowledges funding from a Research Councils UK body and indicates the grant number
- The article is accepted for publication during the eligibility period for the relevant participating university
Please note: The prepaid plan does not cover Cell Press and Lancet titles. If the prepaid option is selected but the article is not eligible for the prepaid plan, then the author will be invoiced directly for the open access publication fee. A delay in publication of the article may also result.
How to use the prepaid open access plan
After acceptance, authors will be able to indicate the eligibility of the article for the prepaid plan when filling out the funding body form. Authors are asked to select the "RCUK prepaid" option for the following organizations:
- Arts & Humanities Research Council
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Medical Research Council
- Natural Environment Research Council
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
Authors of eligible articles do not have to pay an open access publication fee. Elsevier will ensure your open access publication fees are covered by the prepaid plan and your article is published open access.