Sobotta App product FAQs
Single illustrations, subchapters, or even complete chapters may be summarized and sorted by topic in personalized bookmarks, e.g. for tests or exams.
You can add the figure you are currently viewing straight to an existing bookmark via the action button.
If you want to add the picture to a new bookmark, you first need to create the new bookmark by pressing the button "Bookmarks". Then close the dialogue and save the figure in the corresponding bookmark via the action button.
Moreover, you may add a complete subchapter to a bookmark. In order to do this, display subchapters by clicking on the relevant chapter in the chapter overview. Tap the arrow on the right-hand side of the subchapter bar – and a dialogue box pops up. Then press “Add to Bookmarks” and select the bookmark you want to add it to – and the subchapter is saved there.
Click on the search icon in the navigation bar on the home screen to open the search box. You will also find the search box in the table of contents.
All labels and structures from the illustrations can either be found via
- search for structures in all chapters at chapter level
- search for structures in a selected chapter at subchapter level.
Alternatively you may select a certain illustration via the image index or choose a specific structure from the A-Z index. Depending on the language setting (German/Latin, English/Latin or English), terms can be searched and displayed in the chosen language.
The search results are displayed in a preview image list sorted by chapter. Searched-for structures are highlighted by a red frame within the figure.
Memos / Notes
The memo feature makes it easy to add your own notes to image captions and legends. Access your notes via the figure or via "My notes" under "More..." on the home screen.
Print a picture
To print a picture, make sure WiFi is enabled and you are connected to the same WiFi network as your printer.
Select the picture you wish to print and tap the action icon on the navigation bar to display the print option. Select your printer and press "Print".
Please keep in mind that you can only print directly with WiFi printers that support AirPrint.
There are two ways to start the training mode:
- Start training directly within a figure via the button “Training” on the navigation bar. Here, the training ends with the last figure of the subchapter you started in.
- Start in a figure list (e.g. chapter list, search results or bookmarks) by tapping the arrow on the right-hand side next to the title of the subchapter you want to train and select "Start Training". A new training starts with the first figure of the list and ends with the last figure in the list.
There are two training modes:
- Pin mode: Match the structure name displayed in the dialogue window to the corresponding pin in the figure. Simply tap the corresponding pin with your finger.
- Text mode (only for iPad): One pin is marked in the figure, and you need to select the matching structure name from a list.
When you finish a training, the training result is displayed showing the number of trained images and giving an overview of the number of correctly or incorrectly identified structures.
An overview of the results of all previous trainings can be obtained via the button "More…" on the home screen.