The high tech industry is a driving force for innovations across all industries. And R&D is shifting more towards developing the hardware, firmware and software that enables and enhances the performance of any product, as well as developing services that companies can sell to support these products, providing customers with additional features and improved usability (Source: PwC, 2017 Global Innovation 1000 study).
We help R&D scientists in the high tech industry minimize safety risks while competitively driving innovation by providing them with the latest scientific information available – not only in their field but beyond, including access to essential multidisciplinary research.
That’s why 4 out of the 7 high tech companies on the 2015 PWC global top 20 R&D Innovators Spend list, as well as 6 out of the top 12 of the 2017 Fortune 500 are ScienceDirect customers.
Why choose ScienceDirect for high-tech?
ScienceDirect’s intuitive search options provide convenient access to the latest technology developments for a competitive advantage in this rapidly evolving industry.
With faster discovery and validation of scientific research, ScienceDirect helps:
- Accelerate radical and incremental innovations by securing the right information at the right time
- Protect yourself against changing regulations by relying on trusted science
- Improve speed to market and reduce the risk of prolonged unfeasible projects
- Enable your product outcomes by driving your patent roadmaps and product successes
- Improve speed to market and reduce risk of prolonged unfeasible projects
- Support open innovation efforts to collaborate with the right partners and ensure research is visible worldwide
Multidisciplinary research is critical
Innovation is a result of crossing disciplinary boundaries – analysis shows that research cannot be done in isolation. Don’t miss out on critical research by relying only on the fields of science you are familiar with.
For example, a search on Scopus with the terms ‘Internet of Things + Security’ ScienceDirect generates 4,537 results in a multitude of disciplines: