Consumer packaged goods
The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry’s revenues are slumping, and getting breakthrough innovations off the ground is becoming an urgent necessity for all players. Today’s consumers are faced with many options, but rather than true innovative products, most new choices are merely lifecycle extensions that don’t necessarily satisfy the consumer.
- In the US, the majority of new CPG products record less than $10 million in sales in their first year
- In Europe, only seven out of 12,000 product introductions generate more than $10 million
Anecdotal evidence suggests that R&D teams are spending as much as half their time on repetitive tasks, redundant designs and aimless experimentation (Source: Accenture Strategy).
Moreover, with major changes driven by consumer behavior and technology, as well as stricter regulations that require low-impact production, transportation and storage, CPG companies need to stay agile and on top of the latest research and trends.
Why choose ScienceDirect for Consumer Packed Goods?
We boost your product development efforts to meet the needs of these constantly changing consumer demands and regulatory requirements. Our multi-disciplinary research data inform R&D experts in the CPG sector of the latest innovations in materials, packaging technologies and nutraceuticals.
That’s why, 13 out of 20 in the 2016 top 100 CGT Consumer Goods Companies and 17 out of 25 of the Forbes World's Largest Food and Beverage Companies 2017 are ScienceDirect customers.
ScienceDirect’s intuitive search options provide convenient access to the latest technology developments for a competitive advantage in this rapidly changing and cost-pressured industry.
With faster discovery and validation of scientific research, ScienceDirect helps:
- Accelerate radical and incremental innovations by securing the right information at the right time
- Protect companies against changing regulations by relying on trusted science
- Improve speed to market and reduce risk of prolonged unfeasible projects with easy discovery and validation
- Enable your product outcomes by driving your product roadmaps and successes
- Support open innovation efforts to collaborate with the right partners and ensure research is visible worldwide
Read the fact sheet (PDF, 1.0mb) and learn more about ScienceDirect for CPG.
Multidisciplinary research is critical
Innovation is a result of crossing disciplinary boundaries – analysis shows that research cannot be done in isolation. Don’t miss out on critical research by relying only on the fields of science you are familiar with.
For example, a search on Scopus with the terms ‘Bacteria + Packaging’ ScienceDirect generates 4,145 results in a multitude of disciplines:
Want to get started with ScienceDirect?