The automotive industry not only faces a competitive consumer market, but drastic environmental challenges and regulatory changes, too. While, in the near future, with the rise of autonomous vehicles, there will be further competition from companies originally outside the industry, like Tesla and Google. The demand for the new technologies to make the cars of the future a reality is growing.
But those technological developments often come from outside the industry, relying on multidisciplinary research to make new connections and spot innovations. As a result, it’s no surprise that every car manufacturer in the global top 20 R&D spend list is a ScienceDirect customer (Source: PwC, The Global Innovation 1000: Top 20 R&D Spenders 2005-2015).
Further, 7 of the 2017 JATO top 10 automotive companies are also ScienceDirect customer (Source: Forbes, Top 10 Global Automakers: PSA Out, Daimler In).
Why choose ScienceDirect for automotive?
ScienceDirect’s intuitive search options provide convenient and reliable access to the latest technology developments for a competitive advantage in this cost-pressured industry.
ScienceDirect features the relevant content researchers in the automotive field need to discover insights and make decisions:
- 67 titles related to transportation sciences
- 2,300+ titles in engineering, computer sciences, materials sciences and environmental sciences relevant to automotive
- Access to interdisciplinary knowledge without paywalls to spur innovation
With faster discovery and validation of scientific research, ScienceDirect helps:
- Accelerate innovations by securing the right information at the right time
- Improve speed to market and reduce risk of prolonged unfeasible projects
- Improve patentable product and innovation discoveries with a solid understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies
- Support open innovation efforts to collaborate with the right partners and ensure research is visible worldwide
Multidisciplinary research is critical
Innovation is a result of crossing disciplinary boundaries – analysis shows that research cannot be done in isolation. Don’t miss out on critical research by relying only on the fields of science you are familiar with.
For example, a search on Scopus with the terms ‘automotive + software’ ScienceDirect generates 34,743 results in a multitude of disciplines: