Access for Editors
Register for complimentary access to ScienceDirect
As an Editor or Editorial Board Member of an Elsevier journal, you may be eligible for complimentary access to ScienceDirect via an Ambassador Account. Your Elsevier Publishing Editor will provide a registration ID and password or an activation code.
Note:If you have an existing ScienceDirect profile, you will be able to associate that profile with your new ScienceDirect account only if you use the correct page:
- Go to the registration page to use a registration ID or the activation page to use an activation code.
- Enter your registration ID and password. If you cut and paste, be sure not to include any blank spaces or formatting characters.
- If you have an existing ScienceDirect profile, you will be asked to associate this to your Ambassador Account. Once the association has taken place, you can continue to use ScienceDirect.
- If you are a new ScienceDirect user, you will be asked to complete the registration form.
- Your username will be automatically generated based on your first and last name. You can select your own password.
- Once registered, click "My Settings" to change your password, modify your registration details or make changes to your personal journal list or alerts.
For more information, please visit the Elsevier Editors' Home.