Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Methods in Stream Ecology, Volume 1: Ecosystem Structure, 3rd EditionEdited by F. Richard Hauer and Gary A. Lamberti Provides a variety of exercises in each chapter. Includes detailed instructions, illustrations, formulae, and data sheets for in-field research for students. Presents taxonomic keys to common stream invertebrates and algae.
Occupancy Estimation and Modeling, Inferring Patterns and Dynamics of Species Occurrence, 2nd Edition
By Darryl I. MacKenzie, James D. Nichols, J. Andrew Royle, Kenneth H. Pollock, Leslie Bailey and James E. Hines
This text provides cutting-edge information on ways to improve ecological statistics and estimation using four distinct classes of models for discussion. Examines the latest methods in analyzing presence/absence data surveys. Discusses multiple models that lay the groundwork for future study designs. Addresses critical issues of imperfect detectability and its effects on estimation. Explores the role of probability in estimating in detail.
Foundations of Geophysical Electromagnetic Theory and Methods, 2nd Edition
By Michael S. Zhdanov
Presents and explores state-of-the-art geophysical electromagnetic theory and methods in a completely revised new edition.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Global Change and Forest Soils
- Neotectonism in Indian Subcontinent
- Model Ecosystems in Extreme Environments
- Isotopic Geochemistry and Paleobiology
- Marine Reptiles Adaptation to Aquatic Life
- Fossil Turtles of China
- Minimizing Energy Consumption, Energy Poverty and Global and Local Climate Change in the Built Environment:
- Innovating to Zero
- Urban Energy Transition
- Earth's Oldest Rocks
- The Sedimentary Basins of the United States and Canada
- The Transition to Modern Earth
- Rockslides and Rock Avalanches of Central Asia
- Coal and Peat Fires: A Global Perspective
- The Early Permian Tarim Large Igneous Province in northwest China
- Geography, Geology, And Landscape Evolution
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.