Elsevier titles honored at BMA Medical Book Awards Competition
Elsevier congratulates its medical authors and editors for the industry recognition and for consistently producing high-quality medical content.
28 of Elsevier's professional and scholarly products were honored at the British Medical Association's annual BMA Medical Book Awards ceremony at BMA House in London on Sept. 22, 2014. This year publishers submitted more than 600 products, and the BMA awarded 21 first prizes and numerous highly commended prizes.
The following prize-winning titles are available now on ScienceDirect:
- First prize in Neurology - Sweatt, Meaney, Nestler and Akbarian: Epigenetic Regulation in the Nervous System: Basic Mechanisms and Clinical Impact.
- Highly commended honors in Basic and Clinical Sciences - Nicholls and Ferguson: Bioenergetics, 4th Edition
- Highly commended honors in Basic and Clinical Sciences – Trainor: Neural Crest Cells: Evolution, Development and Disease
- Highly commended honors in Cardiology - Zipes and Joliffe: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside, 6th edition
- Highly commended honors in Cardiology - Brilakis: Manual of Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions: A Step-by-Step Approach
- Highly commended honors in Internal medicine - Kitchens, Kessler and Konkle: Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis, 3rd edition
- Highly commended honors in Public health - Farrar, Hotez, Junghanss, Kang, Lalloo and White: Manson's Tropical Diseases, 23rd edition