Preserving the Bottom Line: Leadership’s Role in Point-of-Service (POS) Collections
May 17, 2018
This webinar will provide an overview of best practices, suggestions for recommended policies and procedures, and share candid information. Whether you have launched a program that is wobbling and could be improved, if you have a successful program, or if you haven’t started, this webinar will review the factors that you need for a successful point-of-service collection program to ensure your organization’s bottom line is secure.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that influence the necessity for point-of-service (POS) collections in today’s evolving environment
- Understand the impact of implementing transparency in prices and quality initiatives, and their relationship to POS collections
- List best practices related to POS collections
- Gain insights from other hospitals POS collection success stories
- Assume responsibility to identify what actions are needed to improve their organizations’ bottom line
Claudia Birkenshaw Garabelli, MSA is the president of the consulting firm Modern Management Muse. Her area of expertise includes billing and collections, patient access, and process improvement with community and academic hospitals and professional practices. She served in management positions within hospital revenue cycle departments for over 20 years and has spoken all over the country on hospital revenue cycle topics. Claudia holds a Master’s of Science degree from Central Michigan University. She has been an active participant with the National Uniform Billing Committee, NUBC, for over 20 years, served on multiple committees, and has written three books, published by the American Hospital Association.