ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding for OB/GYN
Coding for obstetrics and gynecology diagnoses and procedures has never been simple. This webinar will describe the coding and documentation details required to identify, report, and assign specific ICD-10-CM/PCS codes related to those services.
Original presentation date
June 16, 2016
Viewing the recording does not constitute eligibility to receive a CE. Only attendees of the live event are eligible to receive a CE Certificate.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify reportable pregnancy diagnosis codes by developing a process for inclusion coding of complications, trimester, specificity, and any associated diagnoses/conditions and complications
- Identify reportable procedure codes using current coding guidance for deliveries, repairs and ancillary procedures
- Identify correct root operations and coding for OB/GYN procedures including Cesarean section, laceration repairs, hysterectomies, and sterilization
- Review a case study for all reportable diagnoses and procedures
- Recognize new related codes for October 2016
Sandra Macica, MS, RHIA
Sandy serves as the Coding Content Manager for the Revenue Cycle, Coding, and Compliance segment of Elsevier Clinical Solutions. In her role, Sandy works to ensure that Elsevier’s coding lessons are relevant, accurate and up-to-date with the latest coding guidelines.
In her over 25 years of experience Sandy has held positions as supervisor, director, manager, and consultant in both acute care and outpatient health care settings. She has also been as a clinical practicum instructor and as adjunct faculty in a Health Information Technology program instructing students in coding and pathophysiology.
Sandy is a member of AHIMA and NYHIMA as well as a Past-President of the Adirondack Health Information Management Association (AdHIMA). She is currently serving as Past President of NYHIMA.
Sandy earned a Master of Science degree in Health Service Administration from Russell Sage College in Albany, NY and a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Record Administration from the SUNY College of Technology in Utica, NY. She is a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and an AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS trainer.