FY 2019 Changes to IPPS, MS-DRGs, and CMS’ Quality Programs
September 20, 2018
The goal of this webinar is to provide participants with information and insight into the main changes to the FY 2019 IPPS, MS-DRGs and quality reporting programs so that they can make the appropriate adjustments to their internal workflows and processes that involve Medicare payment, MS-DRGs, and quality measure collection and reporting.
By the end of this webinar, participants will know or be able to do the following:
- Recall the main IPPS changes for FY 2019
- Recollect changes to the MS-DRGs, CC, MCC and operating room (OR) procedure lists and assess the impact on case mix and coding practices
- Assess the impact the changes to the MS-DRGs and quality programs will have on payments, and ranking
- Describe the main revisions to the following CMS programs:
- Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) program
- HAC reduction program
- Hospital readmission reduction program
- Hospital value-based purchasing program
- EHR Incentive program
Lynn-Marie Wozniak is a Revenue Cycle Content Manger and subject matter expert for Elsevier's Clinical Solutions Division. Previously, Lynn was manager of health policy and information for a health policy analysis and research firm in Albany, NY. She has 35 years of experience in hospital reimbursement consulting, health services research, health policy review, and development. She is a recognized expert in patient classification systems, DRG systems, data quality evaluation and in the analysis and interpretation of case mix data.
Ms. Wozniak is a past president of the New York Health Information Management Association (NYHIMA), and is currently serving as the chair of AHIMA's Commission on Certification for Health Information and Informatics Management (CCHIIM). She has also served on AHIMA’s Council on Accreditation, as well as AHIMA's research review panel, program, nominating, and scholarship committees. She is a recipient of AMRA’s (now AHIMA) 1989 Professional Achievement Award, and the 1993 NYHIMA Distinguished Member Award.
Lynn is a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and has a M.S. in Technical Communications from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, NY