The Elsevier Coding solution supports a lifetime of professional learning by offering both new and experienced Health Information Management professionals the opportunity to expand their inpatient and outpatient coding knowledge and skills while earning continuing education credits to support credentials through a variety of accrediting bodies, such as AAPC and AHIMA.
Partnering with nationally recognized experts such as CIOX Health and Coding Strategies allows us to offer the most authoritative and comprehensive content in the industry.
EduCode® Coding Curriculum
Comprehensive libraries of over 600 lessons for inpatient, hospital outpatient, pro-fee, and home health coding provide the breadth and depth of education required to achieve and retain peak performance. Paired with knowledge inventory tools and competency tools that assess knowledge and assign focused education, the Elsevier Coding Solution is an essential must have.
- ICD-10-CM/PCS inpatient coding and ICD-10-CM outpatient coding specialty courses are organized by body system, presented by unique diagnoses or procedures, and are structured to cover coding rules and guidelines specific to the specialty or condition.
- EduCode Outpatient Procedural Coding walks the learner through the CPT® coding system for hospital outpatient and pro-fee coding, offering introduction, E/M, specialty, medicine, and ancillary services education for the novice and advance coder. Information on hospital outpatient coding and coverage issues is also included.
Inpatient Coding and Outpatient Coding Competency Tools and Knowledge Inventory Tools
The Inpatient Coding and Outpatient Coding Competency Tools and Knowledge Inventory Tools assess staff proficiency and competence. Each assessment provides automated scoring and immediate feedback to the learner at completion, and can create an individualized prescriptive training plan by automatically assigning lessons to the learner’s lesson plan. Robust reporting is included.
CIOX Health – PRISM Coding Gym
An engaging, user-friendly environment to practice and assess ICD-10 skills. The Gym features hundreds of complete charts and coding explanations. Organizations can augment the public library with your own (de-identified) charts ensuring that practice and assessment is 100% applicable. Data is captured in real-time, enabling immediate evaluated feedback, timely practice opportunities, and excellent management opportunities.
Home Health Coding Curriculum
To help facilities and agencies improve their coding and documentation, Elsevier has created the EduCode® Home Health Coding Curriculum.
This complete package of Home Health clinical and administration education and tools can help Home Health entities meet requirements, reduce risk and promote the quality documentation that supports optimal care.
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Blood and Blood-Forming Organs (1 lesson)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Circulatory System (11 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (5 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Genitourinary and Digestive Systems (3 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (1 lesson)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (5 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Neoplasms (11 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Nervous System (5 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Respiratory System (5 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (3 lessons)
- Home Health ICD-10-CM Other Home Health Conditions (3 lessons)
Coding Strategies for specialty coders
Coding Strategies offers a comprehensive online training program that offers in-depth coding training for outpatient specialties.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Invasive Cardiology
- Interventional Radiology
- Pain Management
- Infusions and Injections
- Radiation Oncology
- CSI additionally offers ICD-10-CM training in:
- Emergency Medicine