HSCIC launches new version of GP Systems of Choice website
Information about the GP Systems of Choice (GPSoC) contractual framework to supply IT systems/services to GP practices and associated organisations in England is now even more accessible and current following a refresh of the GPSoC section of the Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) website.
The revised web pages include:
- a ‘What’s in it for me’ section highlighting key GPSoC benefits
- details of the GPSoC services available now and to be delivered in the future
- an introduction to Patient Facing Services
- a supplier development roadmap showing planned dates for future releases
- prices for Lot 1 services and details of what’s funded centrally
- how to get involved with GPSoC.
The refreshed pages offer a range of benefits.
- CCGs and GP practices can now more easily access information about prices and details of central funding, procurement processes and new subsidiary suppliers.
- GP system suppliers can also get more involved in new, open ways of working with other suppliers through the GPSoC interface mechanism.
In April 2014 InferMed’s Arezzo Pathways clinical decision support software was awarded Lot 1 status on HSCIC’s expanded GPSoC Framework. Lot 1 status covers centrally funded GP Clinical IT system functionality, support and hosting. This means that for the first time Arezzo Pathways will be available to GP practices in England with funding support from GPSoC. Work has also commenced on integration with all Principal System suppliers on the framework.
In October 2014 Arezzo Pathways also received Lot 2 status which will mean that practices have access to additional functionality.
As a fully accredited EMIS Partner product, Arezzo Pathways combines best practice clinical guidelines with patient data from the EMIS clinical system to generate decision recommendations specific to each patient at the point of care. EMIS practices will be able to ‘call off’ Arezzo Pathways from the framework as soon as assurance is complete. Integration with the other principal clinical systems is also planned.