Engineering Village is the first choice for serious engineering research. It's an invaluable resource for students, researchers and faculty to stay up-to-date in their field, acquire knowledge in new areas, set up research proposals and write papers. Your user community can take full advantage of Engineering Village through your library and experience many of the same tools trusted by engineers across the globe. Especially for librarians, there are a variety of resources are available to support engineering students and faculty.
For new users: Learn how to use Engineering Village
Helpful tools for new users to get up to speed quickly:
- Watch these Training Videos and learn about basic search capabilities and features
- Read the Quick Reference Guide explaining the most frequently used search options
For experienced users: Get the most out of Engineering Village
Robust search and productivity features for experienced users helping them on their way to proficiency:
- Learn about new features, like Auto suggest, as they happen by subscribing to our Blog
- Set up Personal Preferences and stay up to date by saving searches and setting alerts
Get help with Engineering Village
Personal and in-product support to get help when it's needed:
- Share these Tips & Tricks that will help your users get the most out of Engineering Village.
- Access the Online Help Page for in-product support on a wide variety of tasks
- Get Personal Support with complex research tasks by using 'ask an expert'
- Alternatively, reach out to your nearest regional Elsevier Customer Service department
The widget is a tiny application that you can run on your institution website, providing direct access to Engineering Village. Rather than having your patrons search for access clicking through several web pages or sifting through bookmarks, they can use the widget to access Engineering Village quickly and conveniently!
How does it work?
The Search Widget allows 1 click access to Engineering Village from almost anywhere on the web. It provides direct access to Engineering Village content by is entering a search term and click the Search button to produce a list of search results. Also get one click access to the Homepage, online tutorials, help feature and contact form. The Search Widget can be setup to search one or more databases and branded accordingly.
How do I get it?
Installation is easy, just embed the code and insert it into the HTML of your webpage. This iframe can be embedded into your content and will be hosted by Engineering Village. It is compatible with all web browsers and comes in three sizes:
- Normal: 330px wide and 265px high.
- Small: 220 px wide and 235 px high
- Extra Small: 185 px wide and 240 high
Interested? Send an e-mail to EVSearchWidget@elsevier.com so we can help you set up the widget.
Stay up to date
We invite you to stay in touch and experience firsthand why Engineering Village is the first choice for serious engineering research by subscribing to our Blog (blog.engineeringvillage.com) and follow us on Twitter (@engvillage).
Not Subscribed to Engineering Village yet?
Engineering Village is available as an annual subscription. Under the terms of the agreement, Engineering Village can be used by anyone who accesses it from within a subscribing institution or organization. Remote access and/or access to walk-in users may be granted at the discretion of the library and are options within the Engineering Village agreement.
The subscription price for Engineering Village varies according to the size and research output of the institution or organization, as well as by geographic location. View a Compendex sample subscription agreement. Contact sales if you would like more information about Engineering Village or wish to purchase a subscription.