Plastic resin companies face information challenges
Chemtiva delivers critical information necessary to develop new plastic resin applicationsContact sales
As plastic resins are developed and tested for consumer-based applications, toxicology and regulatory risks are always a concern. Will the foods coming in contact with the plastic resin be safe? Can the plastic resin be in contact with consumers? Can the plastic resin be safely disposed and/or recycled?
These are questions that are frequently asked when a new consumer product requires a plastic encasing. Knowing this information quickly can have huge impacts on the bottom line. These scenarios can lead to:
- A competitor getting ahead or losing a deal
- Legal repercussions when the plastic resin has a negative impact on the environment, health or safety of consumers
- More investments into research and development, ultimately deteriorating the bottom line
Chemtiva, Elsevier’s newest solution, provides critical information necessary to overcome these hurdles. A toxicologist using Chemtiva told us that it:
- Reduced research time from hours to minutes
- Found more accurate information than her prior sources
- Even “inexperienced toxicologists” have a higher chance of finding the right documents
Due to Chemtiva, she was able to find toxicology information about a plastic resin quickly, and verify that it was suitable for the various applications it was being tested for.