Open Access for Linguistics Journals: What are your options?
Elsevier linguistics journals offer you a choice in how you wish to disseminate your research - either by publishing it as a subscription article or as an open access article. To find out more about open access options, visit our open access webpage.
Access to quality research is vital to the research community and beyond. We support sustainable access and work hard to provide a range of open access options alongside our access initiatives to ensure everyone can read, use and trust the latest research.
Elsevier's open access options:
- Open access journals over 200 journals to choose from
- Open access articles Over 1600 established journals support authors who want to publish their article open access
- Green open access Authors can share their research in a variety of ways with the wider public
Most of our journals offer the option to publish your article open access and make them immediately and permanently freely available on ScienceDirect to subscribers and non-subscribers. To find out more, visit the individual journals' homepages.
Discover our open access journal Ampersand
Serving the breadth of the general and applied linguistics communities; Ampersand a highly–visible, open access home for authors.
Ampersand welcomes submissions in:
- Applied linguistics
- Historical linguistics
Publish your research in Ampersand and benefit from:
- Rigorous and objective peer review
- Fast turnaround – submission to first decision in 5 weeks
- Retaining the copyright of your article
- Immediate and permanent access to your article: available for all to read, download, cite and share
- Indexing in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)