Seminar: Trends and Tools for Research Management
Good research information management practices can help a university showcase strengths and better understand the full picture of activity on campus. When you fully understand all the researcher-related activity on campus, you can make more informed decisions that can help guide your research strategy.
This 1-day seminar will provide insights on overcoming the most pressing challenges that research management and institutional research professionals face. Learn how to improve your institute’s ability to establish, execute and evaluate research strategy and performance via:
- Best practices around setting up a system collecting, storing and reporting on research-related data
- Case studies on reporting and business intelligence tools for research-intensive institutions
- Solutions to illustrate the full spectrum of academic activities on the researcher, research center or departmental level
Additionally, this event will give you a chance to build your professional network, with both local and global universities.
When: February 21, 2017
Where: Elsevier Offices,
230 Park Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10169. Tel: +1 212 989 5800
Note: Attendance is free and includes a networking lunch and coffee breaks, but advance registration is required.
Who should attend?
The session is intended for University Leaders, Research Managers, Research Administrators and Institutional Research professionals.
Why should you attend?
- Learn about best practices for research information management and faculty activity reporting.
- Understand how research management tools like Pure can support a comprehensive research strategy and support goals around improving research performance.
- Hear about how leading institutions including Syracuse University and University of Birmingham are using Pure for showcasing and reporting.
- Network with industry colleagues and meet the global team behind Elsevier’s Pure.
Pure facilitates an evidence-based approach to your institution's research and collaboration strategies, assessment exercises and day-to-day business decisions.
Pure aggregates your organization's research information from numerous internal and external sources, and ensures the data that drives your strategic decisions is trusted, comprehensive and accessible in real time. A highly versatile centralized system, Pure enables your organization to build reports, carry out performance assessments, manage researcher profiles, enable research networking and expertise discovery and more, all while reducing administrative burden for researchers, faculty and staff. Learn more about Pure.