Statistics and Probability
Welcome to the Statistics and Probability area. We are a leading publisher in the field publishing highly respected statistics and probability titles, including prestigious society journals and book series. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide. We are proud to play an integral part within the statistics community and to participate in the advancement of this field.
The International Year of Statistics is a worldwide celebration and recognition of the contributions of statistical science. Elsevier will be marking these celebrations with the following:
We have opened the archives of all our statistics and probability titles during the entire year of 2013. These opened archives date back to the first available issue, from 4 years after publication and are freely available for you to access.
The titles are hosted on Elsevier's online platform ScienceDirect. You can search for and read the archives at your leisure as they will remain open during the entire year (2013).
A series of articles made freely available in the below Elsevier Statistics & Probability journals, selected for your reading pleasure by the Editor(s) of each title as the most impactful and significant articles published in these.
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
- Statistical Methodology
- Journal of the Korean Statistical Society
- Stochastic Processes and their Applications
- Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis
Special Issues /Special Invited Papers
Special Issue of Stochastic Processes and their Applications
A Special Issue on the Occasion of the 2013 International Year of Statistics published in the journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications provides an overview of recent and future development of statistics for stochastic processes. Rainer Dahlhaus, Jean Jacod, Per Mykland and Nakahiro Yoshida are guest editors of this freely available issue.
Special Invited Papers in the Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
- Generic chaining and the l1-penalty by Sara van de Geer
- Grouping strategies and thresholding for high dimensional linear models by Mathilde Mougeot, Dominique Picard, Karine Tribouley
- Energy statistics: A class of statistics based on distances by Gábor J. Székely, Maria L. Rizzo
- Local quantile regression by Vladimir Spokoiny, Weining Wang, Wolfgang Karl Härdle
- Bayesian inference with misspecified models by Stephen G. Walker
- Correlated variables in regression: Clustering and sparse estimation by Peter Bühlmann, Philipp Rütimann, Sara van de Geer, Cun-Hui Zhang
- Nonparametric (smoothed) likelihood and integral equations by Piet Groeneboom
- Statistics on manifolds and landmarks based image analysis: A nonparametric theory with applications by Rabi Bhattacharya, Vic Patrangenaru
Awards and Sponsorships of key Statistics and Probability conferences
Ars Conjectandi - A celebration of 300 years of stochastics
9th Conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics
36th Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications
7th Conference on Lévy Processes
The 59th World Statistics Congress7th CSDA International Conference on Computational and Financial Econometrics
Details of more activities to follow.