The ECT 2017 conference will offer an international forum for scientific exchange on thermoelectricity. The sessions will cover all aspects from materials design, synthesis and characterization to application issues and modules. Oral presentations include comprehensive contributions by invited speakers. In addition, poster sessions will give the opportunity for informal discussions on specific issues. An exhibition of relevant equipment will be offered.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
- Domestic + International Cases: Discussing Energy Storage Policy and Impact in India
- Updating the Mega Projects & Potential Markets in India
- Showcasing the International Advanced Technologies to Support “Make in India”
- Exploring the Energy Storage Demands & Applications in India
- Networking with Energy Storage Projects Developers from Different Applications under One Roof
WITec is pleased to announce the 14th Confocal Raman Imaging Symposium, from September 25th to the 27th, 2017 in Ulm, Germany.
The annual international conference for chemical characterization and imaging is a well-established forum in the Raman community for sharing recent developments in Raman imaging.
In its 14th year, the symposium will feature renowned speakers from various disciplines in industry and academia, insights into the latest Raman techniques and instrumentation, and the opportunity to present research results to the Raman community at the contributed talk and poster sessions.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
Progress in materials science is always linked to the progress and welfare of human civilization. Future advances in multiple fields of science and engineering critically depends on the availability of superior materials. This congress, accordingly, attempts to provide a platform to researchers, scientists, engineers and students to share their findings and experience on the emerging and interesting trends of multifaceted materials science.
We cordially invite you to participate and contribute to the success of this event. Your presence will be our pleasure.
Who Should Attend:
This is a must attend event for those working in and around areas of Materials Science and Nanoscience.
- Young researchers
- Scientific and research community
Young Researchers Opportunity:
We make sure to support and motivate 'Young Researchers' by:
- Establishing their academic and professional relationships.
- Improving their morale and confidence of presenting research in an international platform.
- Interacting with expertise in their respective departments.
- Clearing your inhibitions of adjusting to the foreign environment.
- Providing a holistic experience of academic tourism.
- Metamaterials for optic & optoelectronic applications
- Nanomagnetics & magneto-optical nanomaterials
- Photonic & plasmonic nanomaterials
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Energy Materials
- Mining and Metallurgy
- Surface Science and Engineering
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Materials Chemistry and Sustainable Chemistry
- Biophysics and Systems Biology
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Advances in Instrumentation Technology
- Polymer Science and Materials
- Emerging Areas of Materials Science
- Composite Materials
- Big data in Materials Science
- Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
- Advances in Nano Materials Science
- Carbon Nanomaterials
- Advances in Dielectric Materials and Electronic Devices
- Nanomedical Approaches for Diagnostics and Treatments
- Nanomedicine and Biomedical Engineering
- Graphene Materials and Technologies
- Industrial Coating Materials
- Ceramic Materials
All abstracts must be submitted electronically as per our template, using our submission link. Abstract submission is open from August 13, 2016 to July 31, 2017. Please note that all submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Committee.
Authors will be notified by the Organizers of the conference if their abstracts have been accepted for a poster or an oral presentation.
Oral sessions consist of a series of individual talks. The time allocated to each oral presentation is 20 minutes including 5 minutes for questions
A poster presentation allows you to interact face to face with people interested in your research. Each poster session lasts 2 hours. Posters should be no larger than A0 (84 cm wide by 119 cm long) in portrait/landscape format. Please follow the guidelines.
Workshop presentations are interactive skills-based discussions that last 60 minutes. Workshops must be interactive, and include practical information that participants can bring back to their communities.
Best Poster Award
A maximum of 3 prizes will be awarded for the best student posters, the following criteria applies:
- The work must be predominately that of the student
- The poster must be prepared and presented by the student
- The student must register for the conference (as student registration)
The prize consists of a certificate and $200, and will be paid after the conference by cheque or bank transfer.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
Euro PM2017 Congress & Exhibition, Europe's annual powder metallurgy congress and exhibition organised by the European Powder Metallurgy Association, is set to return to Italy in 2017, and is being held in Milan 1 – 4 October 2017 at the Milano Congressi (MiCo).
Euro PM2017 is an all topic powder metallurgy event featuring:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Core PM
- Hard Materials and Diamond Tools
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- New Materials and Applications
- Powder Injection Moulding
- PM Structural Parts
The event is set to feature a world class technical programme as well as an exhibition which will showcase the latest developments from the global PM Supply Chain.
A World Class Technical Programme
Over 250 oral and poster papers will define the latest developments in Powder Metallurgy (PM) over three full days of technical presentations and special interest seminars. In addition there will be market reviews from global specialists and workshops on essential issues.
A Call for Papers has been issued for authors wishing to submit a paper to the programme. Abstracts can only be submitted online. Submissions can be made from 2 November 2016 to 18 January 2017.
Euro PM2017 Exhibition
The Euro PM2017 Exhibition will be a real showcase for the technology and capability of the global PM industry. Ensure your company and products receive the exposure they deserve at the world’s most influential PM event.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
Turk Kompozit 2017 is a composites industry event covering manufacturing, processing and application methods specific to the composite industry. The event will cover; Raw Materials (Resins, Fabrics, Thermosets, Thermoplastics, Additives), Semi-finished products, Intermediate products and Finished products, Processing Technologies, Machines, Equipment, Consumables, Construction, Simulation services.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
Register for this webinar by logging in or signing up below.
In this webinar, Professors Hebert, Rainer and Dr Sun (from University of Connecticut) and Dr Lemmens (Thermo Fisher Scientific), will present the application of various EM characterization solutions on two different use cases. First, they will demonstrate how state of the art scanning electron microscopy can be used to characterize Ti-6Al-4V powders. Recycling these powders plays an important role in the AM production process and they will show how electron microscopy, using EDS mapping, helped identifying mechanisms of oxygen increase in those powders with recycling.
Furthermore, they will show how a wide range of defects that develop in 17-4 PH stainless steels during the AM process can be examined in more detail, using focused-ion beam milling, electron back-scattered diffraction (EBSD) and transmission electron microscopy. In particular, they highlight the evolution of inclusions in the additively manufactured components and the potential sources for those inclusions in the starting powders, ultimately proving that the use of state-of-the-art electron microscopes is indispensable for developing a better understanding of additive manufacturing microstructures and defects.
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Learn how to apply electron microscopy for characterization of microstructures in additive manufacturing
- Obtain insight into powder characteristics with electron microscopy
- See how heat-treatment affects microstructures of additively manufactured stainless steels
- Learn how multi-scale characterization approaches can be applied to a wide range of additively manufactured samples
Register now and post your questions to our speakers! Questions will be addressed during the Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
Rainer Hebert, Associate Professor and Director of the Additive Manufacturing Innovation Center at the University in Connecticut in Partnership with Pratt & Whitney.
Dr. Mark Aindow, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut.
Dr. Yu Sun,Post-doctoral Associate, University of Connecticut.
Herman Lemmens, Business Development Manager Industry, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Joe d'Angelo, (Moderator), Materials Science Publisher, Elsevier.
The 7th Annual World Congress of Nano Science and Technology-2017 (Nano S&T-2017) will be held in Japan during October 24-26, 2017. It covers all frontier topics in advanced nanomaterials, nanoelectronics, applications of nanotechnology, nanomedicine and biomaterials, etc. The aim of the conference is to bring together leading scientists, researchers, engineers, practitioners, technology developers and policy makers from multidisciplinary research and application areas to exchange information on their latest research progress and innovation, to discuss the benefits of Nanotechnology and materials science in their research and development efforts to advance the networking, and collaborating between different academia, research and market leaders in the field.
Participants from the top international academic, government and private industry labs of different disciplines participate in Nano S&t-2017 to identify new technology trends, development tools, R&D collaborations, and commercialization partners. It provides an unprecedented opportunity and effective platform for institutions and industries to share ideas and discover innovation in the area of nanotechnology and develop new business opportunities.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
- Emerging Solar PV
- Energy Storage Materials
- Graphene and Carbon Materials
- Dielectrics, Piezoelectrics, Ferroelectrics, Superconductors and Energy HarvestingMaterials
- Magnetics and Data Storage
- Welding, Materials Joining and Additive Manufacturing Technology
- Ceramic and Glass Technology
- Polymer, Rubber, Plastics and Biplastics
- Biomaterials and Applications
- Sensors, Organic Electronics and Printed Electronics
- Metal, Material Processing and Corrosion
- Composites and Construction Materials
- Computational Material Sciences
- Surface Sciences, Tribology and Thin Film Technology
- Catalyst and Materials Chemistry
- Instrumentation and Material Characterization
- Synchrotron Radiation and Applications on Material Sciences
- Material Education in 21st Century
- Material Enterprises and Industries
Advanced Engineering is the place where the UK supply chain meets face-to-face with engineering management spanning R & D, design, test, production & procurement from OEMs, integrators and top tier industry players. On November 1 & 2 at the NEC, Birmingham, Advanced Engineering will once again host multiple co-located show zones, providing the largest collection of supply chain opportunities, technology case studies and innovation partnerships under one roof. Attend Advanced Engineering to meet and do business, not only within your own sector, but in those less familiar areas you would not otherwise discover at a single exhibition. Join us where the familiar meets the unfamiliar...
Integrating five multiple show exhibit zones with the UK’s largest free-to-attend engineering Conference programme, Advanced Engineering is the must-attend event where the supply chain meets with visiting engineering & procurement decision makers from OEMs and top tier organisations spanning: Aerospace; Automotive; Motorsport; Marine, Civil Engineering, and more.
Whether you are a visitor or an exhibitor, Advanced Engineering will not only provide you with a business forum and supply chain showcase for your own sector, but will also introduce you to new opportunities in industries using related technologies and services.
Co-locating as part of Advanced Engineering 2017:
- Composites Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Performance Metals Engineering
- Connected Manufacturing - NEW FOR 2017
Polymers and Plastics are synonymous in many applications and everyday things. Yet they are two distinct terms when applied to the wide varied of properties that is associated with manufactured and engineered materials. This conference and workshop will focus on bridging the knowledge gap and appreciation for the properties of polymer materials when applied to additive manufacturing methods and 3D printing. This will involve delivering content to both novice and expert. Polymer chemists and plastics engineers will find the requirements for performance limits most 3D printing objects as prototypes rather than replacement parts. Another is in finding new applications in tooling, parts replacement, molds, and high build volume applications that are becoming the realm of digital manufacturing.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE