The Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing conference seeks to bring together distinguished researchers, scientists, engineers, students, and industry stakeholders from South Africa and all over the world to discuss current research and technical applications in this field.
The Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing conference is expected to:
- provide a networking platform to shape the future of materials processing and manufacturing in South Africa and globally.
- raise awareness and prompt action in the promotion of sustainable materials processing and manufacturing in South Africa and the world in general
- contribute to the principles of sustainable materials and manufacturing processing and development
- result in the formation of a Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing interest group which will help in the transfer of knowledge from basic research into final products
- All the manuscripts submitted to the conference will go through double blind peer review process.
- The conference proceeding will have an ISBN number.
- The Proceeding will be published by Elsevier in Procedia Manufacturing.
- All the conference papers will be EI indexed and will appear on Scopus with open access to enhance visibility
- Two ISI-listed journals will be accepting extended versions of best papers from this conference??
- Professor Lars-Erik Lindgren (Sweden)
- ?Professor Kamlakar Rajurkar (USA)
- Professor J. Dutta Majumdar (India)?
VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
We are all familiar with the relationship between energy and climate change, but few academics and policy makers are also aware of the contribution that complexity science can make to the topic. The conference will therefore explore the relationship between all three to provide some richer insights both on the research being done and the policy it informs.
Since the topic is very broad, we will focus on impact and we will ask our speakers to address the following question, based on their own work: “What will it (society, cities, environment, way of living, etc.) look like in 100 years? What decisions would you, as a scientist or policy maker, make now knowing that they would impact the 4th generation and beyond?”
Speakers and participants will be drawn from academia, government, industry and the arts; and presentations will cover the range from well established to state of the art research as well as informed policy to address the challenges of climate change.
The conference will be held in beautiful Seville, in Andalucía, in the spring of 2017 and apart from the intellectual stimulation provided by the conference; participants will be able to explore its rich culture, with three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Alcázar, the Cathedral, and the Archivo General de Indias (General Archive of the Indies); as well as wonderful museums, art galleries, flamenco dancing and delicious food!VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
This conference aims to provide a forum for scientists, researchers and educators around the world to exchange state-of-the-art research and development and identify research needs and opportunities in all aspects of Material Science. The primary objectives of this conference are to provide scientists, engineers, graduate students and other professionals with a forum to actively engage in research discussions, and professional development; and create opportunities for the next generation workforce to develop their professional skills.
ICMS2017 will cover a wide range of interdisciplinary and current research topics related to Material Science. Research on advanced materials includes nanomaterials, bio-nanomaterials, zero bandgap materials, composites, surface engineering, tissue engineering and biomaterials etc. These materials have numerous applications in electronics, biotechnology, medicine and energy harvesting. The importance of nano-science and nanotechnology has been well documented by both industrial and academic communities worldwide. It is believed that breakthroughs in nano-science and technology will change all aspects of human life in such diverse areas as, electronic devices, energy, biomedicine, sensing, environment, and security etc.
This conference will include keynotes & invited presentations, contributed oral & poster presentations. ICMS2017 will provide opportunities for young researchers to actively engage in research discussions, information about current funding opportunities, new research interests, safety issues in nanotechnology and research ethics and professional development. There will be awards for best oral and poster presentation for research scholars. All presented papers will be considered for publication in a reputed journal / book after peer review process.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
North America’s first free-to-attend exhibition and conference for the technical foam industry
The exhibition will unite manufacturers and buyers of technical foam materials, products and services and will serve the entire foam manufacturing industry, including raw materials, chemicals, manufacture and process equipment and all associated services. This three-day, free-to-attend exhibition is at the forefront of the latest innovations in advanced technical foam materials and products. The exhibition will showcase the latest product applications, services and equipment from 6 key sectors: Automotive, aerospace, industrial/ technical packaging, construction, medical, sports and leisure.
Why you should attend:
- Free-to-attend exhibition and conference offering unparalleled quality content
- Networking opportunities with global representatives from the entire technical foam supply chain
- Learn about the latest application designs, manufacturing processes, and current trends so you can manage cost and performance and give your customers what they need
- Gain comprehensive insights into the latest foam technologies and materials
- Provides you with a unique overview of the wide variety of foam materials available for lightweight, sound and shock absorbing, and thermal applications in technical industries
Register for your free pass here
VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
The Fifth International Conference on Multifunctional, Hybrid and Nanomaterials will take place 6-10 March 2017 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Energy, the environment and human health have emerged as strategic priorities not only in research but in all aspects of our lives. Hybrid materials have already demonstrated good promise in addressing and offering solutions in each of these priority areas.
The main objective of this large interdisciplinary conference is to bring together, at a truly international level, people with shared interests in hybrid materials, including:
- Polymer chemists, physicists and engineers
- Biomaterials chemists, physicists and engineers
- Organic chemists
- Inorganic chemists
- Solid state chemists
- Sol-gel chemists
- Composites scientists
- Colloid chemists and physicists
- Zeolite, meso- and microporous materials scientists
- Broad nano- and materials scientists
Plenary speakers include:
Kazuyuki Kuroda, Waseda University, Japan
Maurizio Prato, Università di Trieste, Italy
John A. Rogers, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
Rodney S. Ruoff, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
Molly M. Stevens, Imperial College London, UK
Abstract submission is now open. Abstracts for oral and/or poster presentations on the following topics should be submitted online by 16 September 2016:We expect more than 1200 participants from over 60 countries coming from the entire spectrum of chemistry / materials science to attend this unique high-quality international event.
The International Conference on Materials, Manufacturing and Modelling (ICMMM) is an international conference to be hosted in VIT University, Vellore. It is being organized by the School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT University and State University of New York, Binghamton, United States in association with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), VIT University.
VIT Universiy, Vellore is a highly esteemed University in the city of Vellore in Tamil Nadu, India. The University is home to students from not only all parts of India, but to tens of other countries as well. VIT University, Vellore has been recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD) as the top private university in the country in 2016. Established in 1984, VIT University, Vellore has been constantly ranked among the top 10 engineering colleges in the country.VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
The conference will focus on both the fundamental and applied aspects of wear and friction of materials at the macro-, micro-, and nano-scale. It will address the understanding of tribological phenomena; particularly the progression in recent decades. Special sessions will concentrate on wear of tools and tooling materials, hot and cold erosion (droplet, solid and cavity-based erosion), wear of brake/frictional materials, marine wear systems, role of third bodies during wear, and surface texturing for wear reduction.
The 21st International Conference on Wear of Materials will provide a unique international forum for researchers and practicing engineers from different disciplines to interact and exchange their latest understandings.
- Sliding Wear
- Fretting Wear
- Impact Wear
- Abrasive Wear
- Elevated Temperature Wear
- Lubricated Wear
- Thick and Thin Coatings
- Wheel/Rail Contact
- Modeling and Simulation
- Biotribology – hard materials
- Biotribology – soft materials
- Polymers and PMCs
- Ceramics and CMCs
- Metals and MMCs
- Erosion and Erosion-Corrosion
- Wear Testing and Monitoring
- Friction Materials including Brakes
- Wear of Tools and Tooling Materials
- Role of Third Bodies during Wear
- Surface Texturing
- Marine Wear Systems
- Others (not listed above)