We are pleased to announce that Materials Today has evolved beyond a single publication to become the home of materials science at Elsevier: dedicated to the creation and sharing of materials science knowledge and experience, the Materials Today family comprises peer-reviewed journals, industry magazines, academic conferences, and much more via MaterialsToday.com.
- Access specially selected high quality and high impact research published in top journals in the materials family such as Polymer, Nano Today, Biomaterials, Carbon and Nano Energy.
- Take part in exclusive lectures (webinars) on cutting edge topics in materials science, hosted by top-speakers, with the opportunity to question and discuss the topics live directly with the speakers
- Read and contribute Comments articles, and share your thoughts on content published on the website
- Find the latest news on established and emerging topics in advanced materials and industry, as well as information on the latest equipment and events
- Explore initiatives the Materials Today team is involved with; including the Elsevier Materials Science Council and the Materials in Society lecture series
- And much more.
We hope that you will take full advantage of your free membership to Materials Today and connect with over 100,000 of your peers to learn, talk, watch, question and discuss the advancement of materials science.
Phillips-Medisize builds new facility
MIM specialist Phillips-Medisize Corporation announced plans to open a new 80,000 ft2 manufacturing facility on its Wisconsin, USA, campus. The facility manufactures high volume prefilled drug delivery systems, and is planned to be complete in 2017.
‘This expansion illustrates our continued commitment and investment in the design and manufacturing of drug delivery devices for biopharmaceutical companies, globally,’ said Matt Jennings, CEO and president of Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company. ‘Expanding in Menomonie adds to our manufacturing capacity to produce fully assembled and packaged drug delivery devices.’
This story is reprinted from material from Phillips-Medisize, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.
Elsevier awards researchers and research organizations throughout the world who have been credited with outstanding achievements and are making a significant contribution to the advancement of their field, thereby having a positive influence on our society.
The prizes are a tribute to the men and women who have contributed to the progress of humanity through their dedication to science. Serving as a source of inspiration, the awards help raise the profile of talented individuals and the organizations, in addition to the profession as a whole.
Elsevier is proud to support the following awards in materials science:
Energy Storage Materials Lecture Award – Energy Storage Materials
Acta Gold Medal Awards in Material Science - Acta MaterialiaActa Gold Medal Awards in Material Science – Acta BiomaterialiaMaterials Today Cover Competition Materials Science and Engineering C: Young Researcher Award – Materials Science and Engineering: C
Carbon Journal Prize – Carbon
Young Scholar Prize – Diamond and Related Materials
John H. Dillon Medal – Polymer
Feng Xinde Polymer Prize for Best Chinese Paper – Polymer Materials Science and Engineering: A Journal Prize – Materials Science and Engineering: A
Nano Today Cover Competition: Nano Today Biomaterials: A Year in Images – Biomaterials
Robert Cahn Award – Journal of Nuclear Materials
Nano Today Award – Nano Today
Hermen F. Mark Award – Polymer
Hermen Mark Scholar Awards - Polymer
The Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing conference seeks to bring together distinguished researchers, scientists, engineers, students, and industry stakeholders from South Africa and all over the world to discuss current research and technical applications in this field.
The Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing conference is expected to:
- provide a networking platform to shape the future of materials processing and manufacturing in South Africa and globally.
- raise awareness and prompt action in the promotion of sustainable materials processing and manufacturing in South Africa and the world in general
- contribute to the principles of sustainable materials and manufacturing processing and development
- result in the formation of a Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing interest group which will help in the transfer of knowledge from basic research into final products
- All the manuscripts submitted to the conference will go through double blind peer review process.
- The conference proceeding will have an ISBN number.
- The Proceeding will be published by Elsevier in Procedia Manufacturing.
- All the conference papers will be EI indexed and will appear on Scopus with open access to enhance visibility
- Two ISI-listed journals will be accepting extended versions of best papers from this conference??
- Professor Lars-Erik Lindgren (Sweden)
- ?Professor Kamlakar Rajurkar (USA)
- Professor J. Dutta Majumdar (India)?
VISIT EVENT WEBSITE
View our latest article selections:
Article Selection: Materials Science in China
Read a selection of high quality research and review papers about China