Welcome to the Chemistry area of Elsevier. For over 60 years Elsevier has been a leading publisher in the field of Chemistry, publishing highly respected chemistry journals, including prestigious society titles. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide.
We are proud to play an integral part within the chemistry community and to participate in the advancement of this field. All our journals are available online via ScienceDirect, the essential information resource for over 15 million scientists worldwide.
For full aims and scope, to submit your articles or subscribe, visit the journal homepages.
Tetrahedron Prize Winners go on to win Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 >> Read more
Taking the first steps towards beating multidrug-resistant cancer >> Read more
Sleep Hormone Helps Breast Cancer Drug Kill More Cancer Cells >> Published in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces
Smelly laundry? It’s all down to chemistry >> Read in Journal of Chromatography A
Molecular nanodot scaffolding could support fight against superbugs >> Published in Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
Towards a cheaper, quicker Alzheimer’s test >> Read more about this study published in Biosensors and Bioelectronics
Honeybees are being poisoned – new test reveals how >> Published in Journal of Chromatography A
Urine: flush or fuel? >> New research published in Electrochimica Acta
Elsevier Foundation Green & Sustainable Chemistry Challenge
We are proud to partner with the Elsevier Foundation on the "Elsevier Foundation Green and Sustainable Chemistry" Challenge in 2017. The Challenge is now accepting submissions. The deadline for proposals is September 1st 2016.
The winning will receive a single payment of € 50,000; the winner of the second prize will receive a single payment of € 25,000.
The Elsevier Foundation Green and Sustainable Chemistry Challenge is open to individuals or organizations from all countries operating in the nonprofit sectors. Projects can be in any field of Green or Sustainable Chemistry as long as they are applicable for use in developing countries.
Visit the Elsevier Foundation for more information about Challenge Rules and how to apply.
New Chemistry Journals
The field of chemistry is continuously developing and expanding, and as such we have recently launched several exciting new journals:
- Current Opinion in Electrochemistry is a systematic review journal with the aim to provide scientists with a unique and educational platform to keep up-to-date with the expanding volume of information published in the field.
- Forensic Chemistry - Publishes high quality manuscripts focusing on the theory, research and application of any chemical science to forensic analysis.
- FlatChem - The first journal specializing in “Chemistry of Flat materials”
- Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry - Aims to provide a better understanding where and how chemistry itself can be made more sustainable and whereby chemistry can contribute to sustainability in general
- Chemical Data Collections - Find out more about Elsevier's latest chemistry data journal
- Colloid & Interface Science Communications - Submit your short, urgent colloids papers today!
- Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects is a new journal devoted to all aspects of the synthesis and the properties of this new flourishing domain
- Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research is an open access journal devoted to research, design development and application of all bio-sensing and sensing technologies.
- Analytical Chemistry Research welcomes the submission of research papers which report studies concerning the development of analytical methodologies
Virtual Special Issues
Check out our latest Virtual Special Issues:
Virtual Special Issue 'Chemistry Colors our World' Read VSI »
Editors' Article Collection
Towards Engineering Mesoscience
Chemical Engineering Science
Selection of Tetrahedron Letters Digests
Selection of BMCL Digests
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Determination of phosphorus in natural waters
Analytica Chimica Acta
The academic community has demanded more choice, accuracy and insight into journal performance, and Elsevier has responded with new metrics. In addition to the newly released 2015 Impact Factor,* we are happy to present SNIP and SJR: two accurate views of the true citation impact Elsevier's chemistry journals make.
Each year, the quality of papers published in our Chemistry journals is secured by the contribution of all our outstanding authors, reviewers and editors.
Elsevier now publishes 8 out of the top 10 Electrochemistry journals, including the #1 journal Biosensors and Bioelectronics!
Elsevier publishes 5 out of the 10 most cited Organic Chemistry journals with Tetrahedron and Tetrahedron Letters receiving 54,595 and 72,261 citations respectively.
The Journal of Fluorine Chemistry has increased Impact Factor by 13%.
Also, Tetrahedron Letters, the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry and Carbohydrate Research all continue to have a cited half-life of >10%.
Within the category of Physical & Theoretical Chemistry, the impact factor of Journal of Colloid and Interface Scienceincreased by 12% and received in excess of 54,000 citations. Furthermore the impact factor of Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science increased by 6.7% to 6.234
We also publish the top 2 titles in the Inorganic & Nuclear Chemistry category including the #1 title: Coordination Chemistry Reviews! Did you know that 50% of the top 20 titles within this category are published by Elsevier?
* Journal Citation Reports®, published by Thomson Reuters, 2016
Make the most out of your article. Elsevier’s Content Innovation portfolio offers a range of options when it comes to enriching the content of your published research.
The content innovations relevant for your field are designed to communicate research more effectively, increase the value of articles and engage readers.
We've worked with hundreds of researchers to develop subject-specific article features designed to enrich and add context to your work. Listed below are all the options listed by functionality. To search and filter on your subject area or journal of interest please go to Search Innovations.
Article Transfer Service
Undoubtedly you have experienced the short comings and occasional frustrations associated with the manuscripts submission and peer review processes. Our aim is to help facilitate and develop fast, effective and truly innovative solutions to improve the overall manuscript submission and peer review process for all individuals concerned.
Take advantage of our new easy article transfer service and avoid the hassle of resubmitting to another journal.