World Journal of Acupuncture - Moxibustion is an English academic journal sponsored by the World Federation of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Societies, Institute of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, and China Association of Acupuncture and Moxibustion. It is published quarterly worldwide. The focus of the journal includes, but is not confined to, clinical researches, summary of clinical experiences, experimental researches, clinical reports, needling techniques, moxibustion techniques, acupuncture analgesia and acupuncture anesthesia, reviews, academic discussion, education and academic lectures, researches on historical documents, introduction to typical cases, meridian-collaterals and acupoints, proved acupoint or prescriptions of acupoints, news reports, newly-developed apparatuses, etc.
1. The manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals". Investigations in human subjects must conform to accepted ethical standards (the World Medical Association Helsinki Declaration, adopted in 1964 and revised in 2008). Authors should also follow the guideline for the care and use of laboratory animals of their institution or national animal welfare committee. All manuscripts should be concisely written and should contain complete documentation of results. Manuscripts should be written in English, but for Chinese contributors. If you have difficulties in translation, we will entrust some qualified specialists with your article and you will pay the fee.
2. Manuscripts are generally required to be no more than 6 000 words in length including the references (10-15 double-spaced typed pages).
3. Each paper should include: manuscript should be organized in the following order:
- Title page: title, author (s), and author's address
- Key words
- Figure captions and Figures
- Supportive foundations
- Brief introduction of the first author
Key words: please list 5-10 key words, selected mainly from Index Medicus, which re?ect the content of the study.Text: the text of studies should include the following sections: General Data and Methods or Materials and Methods, Results, and Discussion. For review and other types of papers, the manuscripts vary from these formats. The running titles in the text are required to be no more than 50 characters including spaces. Terms frequently used should be written out completely at first use, abbreviated in parentheses, and abbreviated thereafter.
References: number the references consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. The form of references should conform to the Index Medicus. Full references should be listed at the end of the paper in alphabetical order following the format below:
- Dhond RP, Yeh C, Park K,K ettner N, Napadow V. Acupuncture modulates resting state connectivity in default and sensorimotor brain networks. Pain 2008;136 (3):407-418.
- Yin L, Jin XL, Shi X, Tian JH, Ma L, Yin DY, et al. Primary exploration of brain function images of PET and fMRI in acupuncture on Zúsānl&icaron;. Chin J Rehabil Theor Pract (Chin) 2002;8(9): 523-524.
- Peters RL. Pathology of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. //Okuda K, Peters RL, eds. Hepatocellular Carcinoma. New York: Wiley, 1976; 107-168.
Tables are required to be created with the MS-Word Table editor (i.e. do not use tabs and spaces to create a table).Supportive foundations: the complete name and number of supportive foundations should be provided, e.g. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, No. 30224801
Brief introduction of the first author: author's name should be given ?rst, then birth year, gender, title, research field, and E-mail.Acknowledgments: brief acknowledgments of persons who have made genuine contributions to the manuscript and who endorse the data and conclusions should be included. Authors are responsible for obtaining written permission to use any copyrighted text and/or illustrations.
4. For the sake of transparency in regard to the performance and reporting of clinical trials, we endorse the policy of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) to propose to publish papers on clinical trial results that the trial was recorded in a publicly-accessible registry at its outset. The registers now available, to our knowledge, are http://www.clinicaltrials.gov, sponsored by the United States National Library of Medicine, and http://www.chictr.org/cn, sponsored by China. We encourage all potential contributors to register with them. However, in the case that other registers become available you will be duly notified.5. Neither the editors nor the publisher are responsible for the opinions expressed by contributors. The copyright of all materials published will be vested in the World Journal of Acupuncture - Moxibustion unless otherwise specifically agreed.
6. Original papers submitted to World Journal of Acupuncture - Moxibustion should not have been published or accepted elsewhere. A letter of recommendation from each author's organization should be provided with the contributed article to ensure the privacy and secrecy of research is protected. Authors should retain one copy of the text, tables, photographs and illustrations because rejected manuscripts will not be returned to the author(s) and the editors will not be responsible for loss or damage to photographs and illustrations sustained during mailing.7. All contributed papers are reviewed by at least two referees, and will be charged.
8. Authors will receive a reply whether your thesis is used or not in 3 months after submission of the manuscript.9. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically in plat-form independent formats (such as RTF files) via e-mail.
10. All correspondence should be addressed to:Editorial office of World Journal of Acupuncture - Moxibustion
Institute of Acupuncture and Moxibustion
No.16 Nanxiaojie, Dongzhimen Nei, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100700, P. R. China.