She Ji: The Journal of Design, Economics, and Innovation
She Ji is a peer-reviewed, trans-disciplinary design journal. We focus on economics and innovation, design process, and design thinking in today's complex socio-technical environment. We are a diamond open access journal with no fees.
Our mission is to further design innovation in industry, business, non-profit services, and government through economic and social value creation. Innovation requires integrating ideas, economics, and technology to create new knowledge at the intersection of different fields. She Ji provides a unique forum for this inquiry.
Articles in She Ji address the creation, development, distribution, and use of goods and services by societies, organizations, and individuals; the creation and control of socio-technical systems; the strategic and managerial issues these entail; the way that organizations use design; and how design thinking informs wider social, managerial, and intellectual discourses. We also publish articles in research methods and methodology, philosophy, and philosophy of science that support our core journal area.
She Ji welcomes articles on a wide range of topics.
- Design for complex socio-technical systems
- Scientific, technical, and philosophical problems in fourth-order design
- Design driven innovation for social and economic change
- Design practices in management, consulting, and public service
- Design for alternative economies and industrial transformation
- Design for sustainability
- Design for social innovation, organizational change, and education
- Design, computation, and algorithms
- Design and cybernetics
- Cultural and societal aspects of design and innovation
- Philosophy of design
- Philosophy of science for design research
- Design theory, methods, and methodology
- Research methods and research skills for the design field
- Original research articles. She Ji welcomes conceptual, theoretical, and empirical articles. All research articles move through double-blind peer review. Following peer review, She Ji works with authors on a final round of copy editing to ensure highly readable articles that will reach and influence a wide audience of scholars, researchers, and professional designers, teachers, and students, as well as leaders in business, industry, and government.
- Review articles. She Ji encourages literature review and research review. Review articles use double-blind peer review followed by copy editing.
- Case studies. She Ji welcomes original research articles involving rigorous case studies and reflection. Research case studies use double-blind peer review followed by copy editing.
- Book reviews. Books reviews focus on analysis and discussion of individual books as well as extended book reviews covering several books. Book reviews use double-blind peer review followed by copy editing. She Ji also publishes short book notes. Short book notes are not subject to peer review.
- Viewpoint articles. Viewpoint articles involve informed opinion and comments by distinguished experts. While viewpoint articles present expert opinion, these articles use double-blind peer review to check facts and to ensure rigorous argumentation followed by copy editing.
- Discussion articles. Discussion articles include interviews, opinion leader commentary, and dialogues. Discussion articles are not subject to peer review.
- Letters. Letters to the journal comment on published articles. Letters are not subject to peer review.
Editor-in-Chief Ken Friedman
- Imprint: Tongji University
- ISSN: 2405-8726