Renewable Energy Focus
Renewable Energy is no longer a niche sector of novel technologies, and we have now implemented renewable energy to a scale where it is expected to provide 50% of global power in the next few decades. This integration has had a significant impact on conventional energy infrastructure, creating a new grand challenge that the energy sector needs to address:
- How should energy infrastructure and markets evolve as the grid becomes more decarbonised and decentralised, and as greater digitisation comes to the fore;
- And with this challenge in mind, what pathways (and their associated requirements) will enable renewable energy technologies to co-exist with other assets in a rapidly-decarbonising energy system?
Renewable Energy Focus Journal aims to be a focal point for exploring where these complex forces of decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitisation intersect with the scale up of renewable energy, its related technologies, and market developments.We serve multiple stakeholders, including:
- Academics and researchers;
- Economists and the Finance community;
- Technology Manufacturers and companies developing renewable energy solutions;
- Those with a keen interest in the scale up of renewable energy, such as NGOs, Associations, Governments and Societies.
We accept Original Research and Review Papers, Case Studies, as well as Forum Papers - best practice in financial, policy, and regulatory affairs as it pertains to renewable energy development (see our Guide for Authors for a full list of article types we accept). All Research is subject to rigorous full peer review.We also encourage authors wherever possible to publish their data with us, either through supplementary material; on Elsevier's Mendeley platform; or by publishing a data article in Elsevier's Data in Brief Journal (which can then be linked to your article on Renewable Energy Focus). More details can be found in our Guide for Authors.Is Renewable Energy Focus the right Journal for your research?Renewable Energy Focus seeks to deliver high-value insights across the energy value chain through integrative, comprehensive, and leading-edge research - covering high impact innovations in renewable energy systems integration; modelling and analysis; policy; and business innovations. At the technology level we publish fundamental and applied research (and insights) on commercially-feasible renewable energy technology development across all vertical technology sectors.To help you decide if your paper is in scope, here is a (non-exhaustive) list of some examples of subjects that we would cover: Please remember that regardless of the overarching theme of your Research, papers should focus in some way on aspects of renewable energy or its integration. Some examples include:
- Decentralisation and its impact on decarbonising the grid: This could relate to the integration of different technology profiles, storage technologies, and the ability to deploy energy effectively within different frameworks.
- How should the grid evolve to manage a complex interaction of different energy technology profiles reliably and economically, both in the developed and developing world?
- The role of Digitisation and advanced IT technology to manage, decarbonise, co-ordinate and optimise the grid (and assets associated with it).
- How will market forces need to adapt to facilitate an energy transition (for example with regard to Social and consumer attitudes and behaviour; supply and demand; and the economics of integrating different technology profiles).
- How do the Power markets need to evolve to encourage continued investment in a broad and diverse range of technology profiles and energy systems - many of which have conflicting grid requirements, performance and outputs.
- What do we need to do to make the electrification of transport possible?
Benefits of publishing with Renewable Energy Focus Journal
- Fast Publishing - we will aim to organise peer review as quickly as possible, and where we accept it, publish your research as quickly as we possibly can;
- bEasily submit data - Renewable Energy Focus offers the option for authors to submit data articles alongside their research article, for publication in the open access journal Data in Brief. The Data in Brief article is an attractive alternative to supplementary material. Data in Brief articles ensure that your data and the metadata to understand it, which is normally buried in supplementary material, is actively reviewed, curated, formatted, indexed, given a DOI and publicly available to all upon publication. See here for more details: https://www.elsevier.com/books-and-journals/research-elements
- Promote your work - We help you promote your work by giving you a Share Link, with 50 days' unlimited free access to your full article. We promote selected research articles to the global scientific media and our marketing teams highlight articles online - our social media channels reach more than 3.2 million people (June 2016).
- Mendeley Stats - gives you feedback on how your publications are being downloaded, shared and cited. It also gives you an overview of when they're mentioned in the media
- Open Access options - want to publish OA? Fine, Renewable Energy Focus is a hybrid Journal and as such, OA is an option.
See more benefits of Publishing with Elsevier here.
Editor in Chief Douglas J. Arent
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1755-0084