Renewable Energy Focus
Renewable Energy is no longer a niche area of novel technologies, and is poised to provide 50% of global power in the next few decades. But as the industry scales up, a number of key barriers remain:
- Speeding up the transition to renewable enrgy by advancing the state of knowledge and best practice;
- Rapidly disseminating leading insights to stakeholders along the renewable energy value chain - across academia, research & development, and industry.
Renewable Energy Focus Journal plays a unique role in the research community: as a high quality peer-reviewed Journal, and as a one-stop source of content serving multiple stakeholders, including:
- Academics and researchers;
- Technology Manufacturers and companies eveloping renewable energy solutions;
- NGOs, Associations, Governments and Societies
The Journal is focused on delivering high-value insights across the energy value chain through integrative, comprehensive, and leading-edge research, which covers high impact innovations in renewable energy systems integration; modelling and analysis; policy; and business innovations. In addition, the Journal publishes research (and insights) on renewable energy technology development across all vertical sectors from solar to marine energy (see full list below).
We accept Research and Review Papers, Case Studies, as well as Forum Papers - best practice in financial, policy, and regulatory affairs as it pertains to renewable energy development (see our Guide for Authors for a full list of article types we accept). All Research is subject to rigorous full peer review.Publishing such innovative research from the Science, Engineering, Systems, Policy, and Business communities is pivotal in helping the renewable energy industry achieve its aims, and Renewable Energy Focus brings together these academic and professional audiences by showcasing the best research undertaken at academic institutions, companies, organisations, and research hubs around the world. Authors of all accepted papers will therefore need to write a 250-400 word Summary, to be submitted separately to the abstract. This will be published on http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com (accessible to all) and will provide an easy-to-understand synopsis of your research aimed at the global renewable energy community.
We also encourage authors wherever possible to publish their data with us, either through supplementary material; on Elsevier's Mendeley platform; or by publishing a data article in Elsevier's Data in Brief Journal (which can then be linked to your article on Renewable Energy Focus).More details can be found in our Guide for Authors.Important Notes:
- We welcome applied or fundamental research into renewable energy and its related science and technologies, as long as the research is based around technically-feasible concepts, and the research comprehensively considers the commercially-viable renewable energy generating technologies (see below for our definition of commercially-viable);
- Papers are within scope only if they are concerned with energy generation, and where the energy is generated in a renewable or sustainable way. For instance, a paper that concerns the development and characterisation of a material for use in a renewable energy system would be out of scope if it didn't include any measure of the energy that this new material would produce;
- Please take note of the Article types and select carefully. If an article is misclassified we reserve the right to reject it;
- In addition, a key part of the submission is a 250 word Statement of Significance, which needs to demonstrate the unique and compelling nature of the research as it pertains to the Journal's aim of pushing forward the renewable energy research (and/or industrial) - communities. Please do not simply use the Abstract. In the absence of a proper Statement of Significance, we reserve the right to reject the submission
- The basic technological components are integrated so that the system configuration is similar to (matches) the final application in almost all respects
- Supporting information includes results from the laboratory scale testing, analysis of the differences between the laboratory and eventual operating system/environment, and analysis of what the experimental results mean for the eventual operating system/environment, including economics, relative competitiveness, and system integration considerations.
- Geothermal Energy;
- Solar Photovoltaics;
- Solar Thermal Elecrticity, such as CSP, (and Solar Heating and Cooling);
- Wave and Tidal Power;
- Wind Power;
- Fuel Cells Technology;
- Renewable Hydrogen
- Energy Storage (related to its role in promoting renewable energy);
- Energy Infrastructure (where relevant to the implementation of renewable energy);
- Green Building (where a paper is concerned with renewable energy);
- Systems Integration
- Power Systems and Integration of Renewable Energies (technical and market design insights)
- Advances in Distributed Generation and Distributed Energy Solutions
- Cross System Integration (power, thermal, transport, etc)
- Renewable Energy Policy, Investment & Markets;
- High Renewable Energy Systems;
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER RENEWABLE ENERGY FOCUS FOR YOUR RESEARCH?
- Fast Publishing – we will aim to organise peer review as quickly as possible, and where we accept it, publish your research as quickly as we possibly can;
- Industry Showcase – this is a platform to showcase your research to industry (in addition to your academic/research peers); If your paper is accepted we will ask you to write a short impact statement (250-400 words) to promote your research to the wider professional community. They will be published free-to-view via http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com.
- Easily submit data – Renewable Energy Focus offers the option for authors to submit data articles alongside their research article, for publication in the open access journal Data in Brief. The Data in Brief article is an attractive alternative to supplementary material. Data in Brief articles ensure that your data and the metadata to understand it, which is normally buried in supplementary material, is actively reviewed, curated, formatted, indexed, given a DOI and publicly available to all upon publication. See here for more details: https://www.elsevier.com/books-and-journals/research-elements.
- Promote your work – We help you promote your work by giving you a Share Link, with 50 days' unlimited free access to your full article. We promote selected research articles to the global scientific media and our marketing teams highlight articles online - our social media channels reach more than 3.2 million people (June 2016).
- Mendeley Stats – gives you feedback on how your publications are being downloaded, shared and cited. It also gives you an overview of when they're mentioned in the media.
- Open Access options – want to publish OA? Fine, Renewable Energy Focus is a hybrid Journal and as such, OA is an option.
Editor in Chief Douglas J. Arent
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1755-0084