Renewable Energy Focus
Renewable Energy is no longer a niche area of novel technologies, and is poised to provide 50% of global power in the next few decades. But as the industry scales up, a number of key barriers remain:
- Speeding up the transition to renewable energy by advancing the state of knowledge and best practice;
- Rapidly disseminating leading insights to stakeholders along the renewable energy value chain - across academia, research & development, and industry.
Renewable Energy Focus journal is a global, broad-focused Journal specifically aimed at publishing the leading research (and insights) in renewable energy technology; systems integration; modeling and analysis; policy; and business innovations. The Journal attracts desk research (subject to full peer review) across all vertical sectors from solar to marine energy (see full list below) and complements this with insights into product development further along the Innovation chain; examples of these are case studies, pilots, and leading projects. Renewable Energy Focus also publishes best practice in financial, policy and regulatory affairs as it pertains to renewable energy development.
Moreover, Renewable Energy Focus plays a unique role in the research community: as a top tier peer-reviewed journal, and as a one-stop source of content serving multiple stakeholders including academics and researchers, engineers, economists, manufacturers, NGOs, associations, Governments and Societies. The Journal helps these groups keep abreast of new developments in their specialist fields, and to apply renewable energy solutions to current practices.
Publishing innovative research from the Science, Engineering, Systems, Policy, and Business communities is pivotal to helping the renewable energy community achieve its aims, and Renewable Energy Focus brings together the academic and professional audiences by showcasing the best of this research, undertaken at academic institutions, companies, organisations, and research hubs around the world. Please note: as part of this mission, authors of all accepted papers will need to write a 250-400 word Summary, to be submitted as a separate part of the abstract. This will be published on http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com (accessible to all) and will provide an easy-to-understand synopsis of your research aimed at the global renewable energy community. We also encourage authors in the interests of 'Open Data' to submit their data to our Open Access Journal - Data In Brief - though this is not mandatory.KEY SUBJECT AREAS ACCEPTED:
We accept original research papers and reviews in the following areas:
- Geothermal Energy;
- Solar Photovoltaics;
- Solar Thermal Elecrticity, such as CSP, (and Solar Heating and Cooling);
- Wave and Tidal Power;
- Wind Power;
- Fuel Cells Technology;
- Renewable Hydrogen
- Energy Storage (related to its role in promoting renewable energy);
- Energy Infrastructure (where relevant to the implementation of renewable energy);
- Green Building (where a paper is concerned with renewable energy);
- Systems Integration
- Power Systems and Integration of Renewable Energies (technical and market design insights)
- Advances in Distributed Generation and Distributed Energy Solutions
- Cross System Integration (power, thermal, transport, etc)
- Renewable Energy Policy, Investment & Markets;
- High Renewable Energy Systems;
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER RENEWABLE ENERGY FOCUS FOR YOUR RESEARCH?
- Fast Publishing – we will aim to organise peer review as quickly as possible, and where we accept it, publish your research as quickly as we possibly can;
- Industry Showcase – this is a platform to showcase your research to industry (in addition to your academic/research peers); If your paper is accepted we will ask you to write a short impact statement (250-400 words) to promote your research to the wider professional community. They will be published free-to-view via http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com.
- Easily submit data – Renewable Energy Focus offers the option for authors to submit data articles alongside their research article, for publication in the open access journal Data in Brief. The Data in Brief article is an attractive alternative to supplementary material. Data in Brief articles ensure that your data and the metadata to understand it, which is normally buried in supplementary material, is actively reviewed, curated, formatted, indexed, given a DOI and publicly available to all upon publication. See here for more details: https://www.elsevier.com/books-and-journals/research-elements.
- Promote your work – We help you promote your work by giving you a Share Link, with 50 days' unlimited free access to your full article. We promote selected research articles to the global scientific media and our marketing teams highlight articles online - our social media channels reach more than 3.2 million people (June 2016).
- Mendeley Stats – gives you feedback on how your publications are being downloaded, shared and cited. It also gives you an overview of when they're mentioned in the media.
- Open Access options – want to publish OA? Fine, Renewable Energy Focus is a hybrid Journal and as such, OA is an option.
Editor: David Hopwood
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1755-0084