The overarching mission of Practical Radiation Oncology is to improve the quality of radiation oncology practice. PRO's purpose is to document the state of current practice, providing background for those in training and continuing education for practitioners, through discussion and illustration of new techniques, evaluation of current practices, and publication of case reports. PRO strives to provide its readers content that emphasizes knowledge "with a purpose." The content of PRO includes:
- Original articles focusing on patient safety, quality measurement, or quality improvement initiatives
- Original articles focusing on imaging, contouring, target delineation, simulation, treatment planning, immobilization, organ motion, and other practical issues
- ASTRO guidelines, position papers, and consensus statements
- Essays that highlight enriching personal experiences in caring for cancer patients and their families
- Teaching cases that present a diagnostic, ethical, or management challenge.
PRO is the sister publication to the International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics and Advances in Radiation Oncology. Learn more about which types of papers the journals typically accept.
No responsibility is assumed by the Publisher or the American Society for Radiation Oncology for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any actual or alleged libelous statements, infringement of intellectual property or privacy rights, products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the medical sciences, in particular, independent verification of diagnoses and drug dosages should be made. Although all advertising material is expected to conform to ethical (medical) standards, inclusion in this publication does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of such product or of the claims made of it by its manufacturer.
Instructions for authors can be found on the ASTRO website.