SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Transfusion Medicine Reviews provides an international forum in English for the publication of scholarly work devoted to the various sub-disciplines that comprise Transfusion Medicine including hemostasis and thrombosis and cellular therapies. The scope of the journal encompasses basic science, practical aspects, laboratory developments, clinical indications, and adverse effects.
Transfusion Medicine Reviews publishes only peer-reviewed work.
The journal seeks the following types of manuscripts:
- Original research in topic areas of broad interest to the field of Transfusion Medicine, Hemostasis, or Cellular Therapies.
- Critical analytic reviews of published literature on a topic relevant to the fields of Transfusion Medicine, Hemostasis, or Cellular Therapies. These can include systematic reviews or meta-analyses. Reviews should analyze the strengths and weaknesses of prior work, and identify current gaps in knowledge. Presentation of new data relevant to the review topic is encouraged.
- Manuscripts describing the rationale, design, and data analysis of pivotal on-going clinical trials.
- Conference proceedings and educational material (by invitation).
- Themed issues focused on a specific topic under the leadership of an invited Guest Editor.
- Summaries of emerging new technologies and other topics (by invitation).
Benefits to authors We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.