SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The journal focuses on scientific and practical sport orthopaedics and traumatology. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles, reviews and case reports which address topics related to
- sports surgery: arthroscopy, sports orthopaedics and traumatology
- internist sports medicine
- team physician medicine
- movement and training sciences
- imaging techniques
- sport psychology
- sport rehabilitation / physiotherapy
- sports & health care
- and other sports-related topics