SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Microporous and Mesoporous Materials covers novel and significant aspects of porous solids classified as either microporous (pore size up to 2 nm) or mesoporous (pore size 2 to 50 nm). The porosity should have a specific impact on the material properties or application. Typical examples are zeolites and zeolite-like materials, pillared materials, clathrasils and clathrates, carbon molecular sieves, ordered mesoporous materials, organic/inorganic porous hybrid materials, or porous metal oxides. Both natural and synthetic porous materials are within the scope of the journal.
Topics which are particularly of interest include:
- All aspects of natural microporous and mesoporous solids
- The synthesis of crystalline or amorphous porous materials
- The physico-chemical characterization of microporous and mesoporous solids, especially spectroscopic and microscopic
- The modification of microporous and mesoporous solids, for example by ion exchange or solid-state reactions
- All topics related to diffusion of mobile species in the pores of microporous and mesoporous materials
- Adsorption (and other separation techniques) using microporous or mesoporous adsorbents
- Catalysis by microporous and mesoporous materials
- Host/guest interactions
- Theoretical chemistry and modelling of host/guest interactions
- All topics related to the application of microporous and mesoporous materials in industrial catalysis, separation technology, environmental protection, electrochemistry, membranes, sensors, optical devices, etc.
The journal publishes original research papers, short communications, review articles and letters to the editor.