FOR AUTHORS: Before you submit, please carefully read the AIMS and REASONS FOR PROMPT REJECTION.
eJTCM is committed to publish research providing the biological and clinical grounds for using Traditional and Complementary Medical treatments as well as studies that demonstrate the pathophysiological and molecular/biochemical bases supporting the effectiveness of such treatments. Review articles are by invitation only.
eJTCM is receiving an increasing amount of submission, and we need to adopt more stringent criteria to select the articles that can be considered for peer review. Note that eJTCM is striving to increase the quality and medical relevance of the publications.
REASONS FOR REJECTION
eJTCM gives very much importance to the Authentication and Quality control of the extracts used, since these are necessary requisites to ensure the reproducibility of the study. Investigation on the mechanisms underlying the preventive or therapeutic effect is mandatory.
Descriptive and preliminary studies that are not conclusive and do not contribute to the advancement of our knowledge in the specific field are not considered for publication in eJTCM (please, refer to our Editorial note by Isidoro, C., Huang, C.C. and Sheen, L.Y. published in eJTCM, January 2016). Unsolicited Perspective and Review articles will be considered only if submitted by outstanding Senior Authors (HI>30).
More details in the following documents:
1. Authors guidelines (new); 2. Peer-review process (flow-chart)
The electronic Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine (eJTCM) is a bimonthly open-access journal that covers the fields of traditional medicine, herbal medicine, and dietary therapy. The Journal provides a global platform for discussion, perspectives and research on traditional and Complementary medicine. eJTCM focuses on both Eastern and Western complementary medicine and welcomes articles from all medical perspectives.
Major topics covered include:
- Traditional and Herbal Medicine;
- Preventive Medicine;
- Dietary Therapy/ Nutrition Supplements/Nutraceuticals/Probiotics;
- History, Philosophy and Social-Cultural Aspects of Traditional Medicine.
The electronic Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine (eJTCM) focuses on both Eastern and Western complementary medicine and welcomes articles from all medical perspectives. All articles published in the Journal, including perspectives, review, original articles, and short communications are the original content of the authors. eJTCM considers the quality control and the procedures for the preparation and characterization of herbal medicines, as well as the authentication of dietary supplements, as basic requirements to guarantee efficacy, safety and reproducibility in Traditional and Complementary Medicine. eJTCM wishes to publish translational studies in animal and in cell experimental models as well as clinical studies. Particular emphasis is given to the pathophysiological basis and the cellular-molecular mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of Traditional and Complementary Medicine for preventing and curing human diseases. Observational and descriptive studies are not considered.
Abstracting and Indexing information
Abstracting and Indexing: eJTCM is indexed with SCIE, PubMed, Scopus, Google Scholar, Caspur, CINAHL, DOAJ, EBSCO Publishing's Electronic Databases, OpenJGate, ProQuest, SCOLOAR, Summon by Serial Solutions, and Tropical Diseases Bulletin.
- Open access – Free to view, download; the articles may be cited by a larger audience.
- No processing charge – accepted articles are published without cost.
- Simple submission – convenient online submission procedure.
- Peer-review – rigorous peer review by experts.
- Speedy publication – immediate publication on acceptance.
- Search facility for Chinese medical terms – eJTCM offers an online Chinese-English English-Chinese Medical Dictionary, hosted by Paradigm Publications, to enable writers to apply its in-house terminology.
- Distinctive and friendly TCM terminology – the technical terms of Chinese medicine are simultaneously given in English, Chinese, and its Pinyin transliteration. Here are the examples, Gastrodiae Rhizoma (天麻, tiān má).
- Accepted by Joint Commission of Taiwan (JCT) as a qualified journal for evaluation of the teaching hospitals.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|11/1||2021||Jan 12, 2021||Jan 12, 2021|
|11/2||2021||Mar 08, 2021||Feb 26, 2021|
|11/3||2021||May 04, 2021||Apr 30, 2021|
|11/4||2021||Jun 30, 2021||Jun 21, 2021|
|11/5||2021||Oct 06, 2021||Sep 08, 2021|
|11/6||2021||Oct 22, 2021|
|12/1||2022||Jan 11, 2022|
|12/2||2022||Mar 04, 2022|
|12/3||2022||May 02, 2022|
|12/4||2022||Jun 28, 2022|
|12/5||2022||Sep 02, 2022|
|12/6||2022||Oct 27, 2022|