SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
Journal of Family Business Strategy publishes research that contributes new knowledge and understanding to the field of family business. The Journal is international in scope and welcomes submissions that address all aspects of how family influences business and business influences family. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Reasons for family business performance
• Impact of family and business on strategy and performance
• Branding strategies (when to be family and when not)
• Long term strategies, growth vs. survival strategy
• Processes and outcomes of corporate entrepreneurship
• Role of family on new venture strategies
• Impact of family and ownership on strategic processes
• Efficacy of strategic plan vs. strategic planning process
• The role of financial and non-financial goals in strategy and resource allocation
• Impact of family on network relations and consequent impact on centrality and performance
• Corporate governance; role of boards of directors in family business, beyond board interlocks, and the role of non board relations,
• The role of top management teams, and executive compensation, professional non-family management
• Development of family groups in developing economies
• Strategy- as- practice, and strategizing activities in family businesses
Journal of Family Business Strategy seeks several areas of contribution:
Theoretical and empirical work on family business:
Journal of Family Business Strategy seeks to be the primary publication outlet for the best theoretical and empirical papers on a wide range of strategy topics. Journal of Family Business Strategy is the Journal for new work from young family business oriented scholars, addressing new areas of inquiry, and from more experienced scholars extending earlier work or engaging new paradigms.
Interdisciplinary focus on family business research:
Journal of Family Business Strategy publishes the best theory papers on family business strategy topics from a number of disciplines, including organizational behavior and theory, sociology, anthropology, psychology and social psychology, strategic management, economics, finance, and industrial relations. Journal of Family Business Strategy is the international Journal for family business research that goes beyond the bounds of any particular geographical region or discipline to engage a broad audience.
A range of perspectives and styles:
Journal of Family Business Strategy publishes quantitative research as well as qualitative work and purely theoretical/ conceptual papers. No matter which methodological approach, research published in Journal of Family Business Strategy meets the highest standards for rigorous and excellent research. Theoretical orientations and subjects in Journal of Family Business Strategy range from micro to macro, from lab experiments in psychology and behavioral economics and finance to topics impacting public policy. Journal of Family Business Strategy is the Journal dedicated to family business research that has scope and variety. Journal of Family Business Strategy also welcomes research notes crafted to be brief and specific contributions to a sub-topic related to family business strategy.
Informative book reviews:
Journal of Family Business Strategy regularly publishes reflective books reviews that enable readers to judge the book's significance for the academic field of family business research.