An open access scientific hardware journal
HardwareX is a multidisciplinary, open access, peer-reviewed journal which publishes articles that describe the design, construction and customization of scientific devices and equipment.
HardwareX promises to make scientific hardware:
- Accessible - We will make your hardware article immediately and freely accessible.
- Discoverable - We will make your hardware article easy to find and download.
- Citable - Receive recognition for the work that you've done to develop scientific hardware with a peer-reviewed article with a distinct DOI. We will help you drive traffic to your hardware article.
- Comprehensible - We will help you write a hardware article that is easy to digest and interpret.
- Reviewed - Your article will be reviewed by experts in open source hardware.
- Reproducible - Reduce duplication of effort with detailed descriptions of your hardware that make it easy for your peers to replicate and reproduce.
HardwareX is open to input from all scientific, technological, and medical disciplines. Scientific infrastructure will be interpreted in the broadest sense. Including hardware modifications to existing infrastructure, sensors and tools that perform measurements and other functions outside of the traditional lab setting (such as wearables, air/water quality sensors, and low cost alternatives to existing tools), and the creation of wholly new tools for either standard or novel laboratory tasks. Authors are encouraged to submit hardware developments that address all aspects of science, not only the final measurement, for example, enhancements in sample preparation and handling, user safety, and quality control. The use of distributed digital manufacturing strategies (e.g. 3-D printing) is encouraged. All designs must be submitted under an open hardware license.
Your next step.
If this journal is good fit for your scientific hardware, you can find out more via the Guide for Authors and submit using the HardwareX template.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|9C||2021||May 28, 2021||May 28, 2021|
|10C||2021||Oct 29, 2021|
|11C||2022||May 27, 2022|
|12C||2022||Oct 31, 2022|