The journal is directed to different stakeholders and professionals, including government and non-governmental organizations, international funding agencies, universities, public water institutions, public health and other public/private sector professionals, and other relevant institutions. It is aimed at professionals, academics and students in the fields of disciplines such as: groundwater and its connection to surface hydrology and environment, soil sciences, engineering, ecology, microbiology, atmospheric sciences, analytical chemistry, hydro-engineering, water technology, environmental ethics, economics, public health, policy, as well as social sciences, legal disciplines, or any other area connected with water issues.
The objectives of this journal are to facilitate:
• The improvement of effective and sustainable management of water resources across the globe.
• The improvement of human access to groundwater resources in adequate quantity and good quality.
• The meeting of the increasing demand for drinking and irrigation water needed for food security to contribute to a social and economically sound human development.
• The creation of a global inter- and multidisciplinary platform and forum to improve our understanding of groundwater resources and to advocate their effective and sustainable management and protection against contamination.
• Interdisciplinary information exchange and to stimulate scientific research in the fields of groundwater related sciences and social and health sciences required to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goals for sustainable development.
This journal intends to become the international forum for groundwater research oriented towards the solution of problems of great social impact rather than only breakthrough research in physical and chemical issues.
Principal areas covered by the proposed journal are:
• Hydrogeological systems and sustainable groundwater resources management
• Groundwater contamination and protection
• Groundwater vulnerability and risk assessment
• Groundwater quality and food safety
• Epidemiology and public health impacts of groundwater contamination
• Groundwater treatment and remediation
• Water policy
• Social aspects of groundwater
• Water and education
• Water - Energy - Food nexus
• Impact of Climate Change on Groundwater
Local or regional scale case studies lacking international relevance will not be considered.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|12C||2021||Feb 03, 2021||Jan 28, 2021|
|13C||2021||May 04, 2021||Apr 28, 2021|
|14C||2021||Aug 05, 2021||Jul 29, 2021|
|15C||2021||Nov 08, 2021|
|16C||2022||Feb 03, 2022|
|17C||2022||May 02, 2022|
|18C||2022||Aug 05, 2022|
|19C||2022||Nov 08, 2022|