Genomics continues with the same aims and scope, editorial team, submission system and rigorous peer review.
Genomics authors will pay an article publishing charge (APC), have a choice of license options, and retain copyright to their published work. The APC will be requested after peer review and acceptance. The APC payment will be required for all accepted articles submitted after 1st October 2021. The APC for Genomics will be USD 2410 (excluding taxes).
Please note: Authors who have submitted their paper on or before 30th of September 2021, will have their accepted article published in Genomics at no charge. Authors submitting their paper after this date will be requested to pay the APC. For more details visit our FAQs page.
Genomics is a forum for describing the development of genome-scale technologies and their application to all areas of biological investigation.
As a journal that has evolved with the field that carries its name, Genomics focuses on the development and application of cutting-edge methods, addressing fundamental questions with potential interest to a wide audience. Our aim is to publish the highest quality research and to provide authors with rapid, fair and accurate review and publication of manuscripts falling within our scope. Topics within the scope of Genomics include, but are not limited to:
- Genomics including genome projects, genome sequencing, and genomic technologies and novel strategies. Simple reports of single-mitochondrial, chloroplast and bacterial strain variant genomes are no longer suitable.
- Functional genomics including transcriptional profiling, mRNA analysis, microRNA analysis, and analysis of noncoding and other RNAs using established and newly-emerging technologies (such as digital gene expression). Manuscripts analysing existing sequence data only are no longer suitable, unless adding new sequence data or a introducing a new algorithm for analysis. The algorithm must be made publicly available through a web page or as code.
- Evolutionary and comparative genomics, including phylogenomics.
- Genomic technology and methodology development, with a focus on new and exciting applications with potential for significant impact in the field and emerging technologies.
- Computational biology, bioinformatics and biostatistics, including integrative methods, network biology, and the development of novel tools and techniques.
- Modern genetics on a genomic scale, including complex gene studies, population genomics, association studies, structural variation, and gene-environment interactions o Epigenomics, including DNA methylation, histone modification, chromatin structure, imprinting, and chromatin remodeling.
- Genomic regulatory analysis, including DNA elements, locus control regions, insulators, enhancers, silencers, and mechanisms of gene regulation.
- Genomic approaches to understanding the mechanism of disease pathogenesis and its relationship to genetic factors, including meta-genomic and the mode and tempo of gene and genome sequence evolution.
- Medical Genomics, Personal Genomics, and other applications to human health.
- Application of Genomic techniques in model organisms that may be of interest to a wide audience.
- RNA-seq experiments without three or more biological replicates will not be accepted for differential expression-based articles.
- Systems Genomics, including cutting edge research on computational systems biology, discrete and continuous modelling and artificial intelligence that help infer novel insights from complex, dynamic and high throughput genomic datasets.
Genomics primarily publishes original research articles but also welcomes proposals for full-length and mini reviews. All submissions to Genomics are subject to rigorous peer review and our goal is to accept only the top 25-30% of submitted manuscripts. Please contact the Editorial Office with review proposals or any inquiries regarding the scope of the journal or the suitability of a manuscript for publication.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|113/1P1||2021||Feb 03, 2021||Feb 01, 2021|
|113/1P2||2021||Feb 03, 2021||Feb 04, 2021|
|113/2||2021||Mar 05, 2021||Mar 04, 2021|
|113/3||2021||May 03, 2021||Jun 22, 2021|
|113/4||2021||Jul 19, 2021||Jul 13, 2021|
|113/5||2021||Sep 10, 2021||Aug 31, 2021|
|113/6||2021||Dec 17, 2021|
|114/1||2022||Jan 28, 2022|
|114/2||2022||Mar 25, 2022|
|114/3||2022||Jun 03, 2022|
|114/4||2022||Aug 05, 2022|
|114/5||2022||Oct 07, 2022|
|114/6||2022||Dec 16, 2022|