SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Applied Surface Science covers topics contributing to a better understanding of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures and their applications. The journal is concerned with scientific research on the atomic and molecular level of material properties determined with specific surface analytical techniques and/or computational methods, as well as the processing of such structures.
This journal accommodates the following topics:
- Surface science of catalysis, electrocatalysis and photocatalysis;
- Deposition and growth;
- 2D assembly;
- Surface and interface modification by directed energy deposition (lasers, ion or electron beams) or other techniques such as plasmas;
- Surface engineering and functionalization;
- Functional surfaces and coatings;
- Electrochemistry at surfaces and corrosion protection strategies;
- Surface science applied to energy conversion and storage;
- Surface nanotechnology and devices;
- Semiconductors - surface and interface;
Note to authors In order to be considered for publication, your paper must be a research study on the atomic and molecular level of material properties determined with specific surface approaches, either by experimental techniques or computational methods. If not, your submission will not be considered for publication and will not be sent out for peer-review.
Benefits to authors We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.