SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Acta Biomaterialia is an international journal that publishes peer-reviewed original research reports, review papers and communications in the broadly defined field of biomaterials science. The emphasis of the journal is on the relationship between biomaterial structure and function at all length scales.
The scope of Acta Biomaterialia includes:
- Hypothesis-driven design of biomaterials
- Biomaterial surface science linking structure to biocompatibility, including protein adsorption and cellular interactions
- Biomaterial mechanical characterization and modeling at all scales
- Molecular, statistical and other types of modeling applied to capture biomaterial behavior
- Interactions of biological species with defined surfaces
- Combinatorial approaches to biomaterial development
- Structural biology as it relates structure to function for biologically derived materials that have application as a medical material, or as it aids in understanding the biological response to biomaterials
- Methods for biomaterial characterization
- Processing of biomaterials to achieve specific functionality
- Materials development for arrayed genomic and proteomic screening
Benefits to authors
- Free and automatic manuscript deposit service to meet NIH public access requirements at one year;
- Multiple options for data-sharing (see http://www.materialstoday.com/materials-genome-initiative/);
- Free author pdf and Sharelink share your article with your peers (see http://www.elsevier.com/journal-authors/share-link);
- And more information on our author services can be found http://www.elsevier.com/journal-authors/author-serviceshere
Please see our http://www.elsevier.com/journals/acta-biomaterialia/1742-7061/guide-for-authorsGuide for Authors for information on article submission. If you require any further information or help, please visit our http://service.elsevier.com/app/home/supporthub/publishing/Support Center