Institutional Online Subscription
We publish peer-reviewed papers studying the interaction between physical, chemical, or biological phenomena on a wide range of topics that include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Models of ocean circulation, surface waves, tides and sea ice, marine ecosystems, biogeochemical processes, sediment processes, and coastal morphology.
2. Earth system models, ocean-atmosphere coupled models, and climate models with a special emphasis on the role of the ocean.
3. Innovative modelling, combined with observational, theoretical studies concerning physical and biogeochemical processes in different time and space scales.
4. Technologies associated with ocean model development, (e.g., model framework, coupler, data assimilation, high-performance computing, and artificial intelligence).
5. Simulation, prediction and response strategy of ocean and climate disasters like tsunamis, flooding, volcano eruptions, float stone, marine heat waves, oil spill movements, etc.
6. Improved understanding of the variability in the ocean and its past, present and future role in the wider climate system using models and observations.
We welcome submissions in various forms of mechanism analysis, laboratory experiments, ocean model development, improvements and applications, as well as model-observation synergies. In particular, ocean model applications at different scales that aim at understanding the ocean and Earth system and its coupling to biological, geological and chemical systems are welcome. Special attention can be also given to interdisciplinary contributions focusing on interactions between physics, biology and chemistry, cross-scale processes, and machine learning.
Topical Collections will be envisaged for timely topics, related to ocean modelling, to promote key advances in specific research areas in ocean modelling and to bring together high-quality contributions in the collection's domain.
Ocean Modeling publishes 12 issues per year with original Research Articles, Review Articles, Short communications, Commentaries and Special Issues. Authors are invited to submit datafiles, model animations or other electronic-only information in support of their submission.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|169C||2022||Feb 01, 2022||Jan 28, 2022|
|170C||2022||Feb 18, 2022||Feb 15, 2022|
|171C||2022||Mar 25, 2022||Mar 23, 2022|
|172C||2022||Apr 25, 2022||Apr 25, 2022|
|173C||2022||May 27, 2022|
|174C||2022||Jun 07, 2022|
|175C||2022||Jun 24, 2022|
|176C||2022||Aug 15, 2022|
|177C||2022||Sep 19, 2022|
|178C||2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|179C||2022||Oct 27, 2022|
|180C||2022||Nov 30, 2022|