Journal of Forest Economics
Published in affiliation with the Department of Forest Economics at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Umeå. The journal was founded by Sören Wibe
The journal covers all aspects of forest economics, and publishes scientific papers in subject areas such as the following:
forest management problems: economics of silviculture, forest regulation and operational activities, managerial economics;
- forest industry analysis: economics of processing, industrial organization problems, demand and supply analysis, technological change, international trade of forest products;
- multiple use of forests: valuation of non-market priced goods and services, cost-benefit analysis of environment and timber production, external effects of forestry and forest industry;
- forest policy analysis: market and intervention failures, regulation of forest management, ownership, taxation;
- land use and economic development: deforestation and land use problem, national resource accounting, contribution to national and regional income and employment.
- forestry and climate change: using forestry to mitigate climate change, economic analysis of bioenergy, adaption of forestry to climate change.
Editors-in-Chief Runar Brännlund , Peichen Gong
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1104-6899