Journal of Accounting and Economics
The Journal of Accounting and Economics encourages the application of economic theory to the explanation of accounting phenomena. It provides a forum for the publication of the highest quality manuscripts which employ economic analyses of accounting problems. A wide range of methodologies and topics are encouraged and covered:
* The role of accounting within the firm;
* The information content and role of accounting numbers in capital markets;
* The role of accounting in financial contracts and in monitoring agency relationships;
* The determination of accounting standards;
* Government regulation of corporate disclosure and/or the Accounting profession;
* The theory of the accounting firm.
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.
Editors J. Core , W.R. Guay , M. Hanlon , R.W. Holthausen , S.P. Kothari , J. Wu
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 0165-4101