SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sustainable Materials and Technologies (SM&T) is an international, cross-disciplinary journal, published by Elsevier. SM&T publishes original full-length research articles and reviews in applied or fundamental science of nano-, micro-, meso-, and macro-scale aspects of materials and technologies for sustainable development with special attention to contributions that reduce the knowledge gap between materials and system designs.
Aims and Scope
SM&T acknowledges the interdisciplinary nature of scientific research on sustainable development and covers a broad and wide scope. It provides a scientific platform for physicists, mathematicians, chemists material scientists, engineers and other technical experts to contribute innovative works and combine the different disciplines in Sustainability Science and Technology related to:
• Resource-efficiency optimization (e.g., minimize amount of precious metals in product design)
• Innovative approaches with breakthrough performance for CO2 capture and utilization
• Innovative approaches with breakthrough performance for water purification
• Material recycling and materials recovery from complex products
• Material substitution to enable lower-impact production and/or use (e.g., composites)
• Life cycle analyses of sustainable technologies
• Energy sources for the long term
• Materials performance targets in the context of a system design
• Advanced manufacturing processes with reduced energy, water, and materials footprint
• Theory and simulation for sustainable environmental and energy applications
• Emerging materials for efficient sustainable energy and environment devices
• New concept and technology for sustainable energy and environmental devices and systems
Submissions focusing only on policy/decision making or economic aspects are unsuitable to SM&T.
There are several options for authors to publish their recent works in SM&T:
• Fast track communication: Outstanding short articles reporting novel, recent and interesting works with high impact can benefit from accelerate publication procedure.
• Paper: Original scientific articles that are in line with the aims and scope of the journal.
• Notes: Brief descriptions of a technique, a small but important experiment or theoretical point, or a novel solution to a commonly encountered problem in sustainable science and technology fall in this category.
• Comments and replies: Critiques about a published article which should not be more than 500words (1 to 2 journal pages). The original authors will be invited to submit a reply.
• Invited topical reviews: Intended to summarize an accepted report on a recent development. Invited by the Editorial board and written by experts in related fields.