Public Health in Practice is a gold open access journal in the field of population health. The journal invites papers from across the broad public health subject area, with a particular focus on public health in practice, emerging topics, and policy debates.
The journal will publish research study types, from study protocols through to meta-analyses, including commentaries and short communications. Whilst research focusing on the practical basis of public health delivery or providing a foundational understanding of theoretical issues in the field is the journal's core interest, robust and ethically sound articles on any public health topic are welcome.
These can include (but are not limited to):
- Public health practice and impact
- Applied epidemiology
- Need or impact assessments
- Health service effectiveness, management and re-design
- Health protection including control of communicable diseases
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Evaluation of public health programmes or interventions
- Public health governance, audit and quality
- Public health law and ethics
- Public health policy and comparisons
- Capacity in public health systems and workforce
The target market of the journal is researchers, practitioners, and policymakers who are engaged in public health practice, teaching, and research.
Public Health in Practice adheres to strict ethical publication guidelines and actively supports a culture of inclusive and representative publication. For any submission enquiries, please contact the Editorial Office.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|2C||2021||Dec 20, 2021|
|3C||2022||Jun 17, 2022|
|4C||2022||Dec 16, 2022|