SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Plant Gene publishes papers that focus on the regulation, expression, function and evolution of genes in plants, algae and other photosynthesizing organisms (e.g., cyanobacteria), and plant-associated microorganisms.
Plant Gene strives to be a diverse plant journal and topics in multiple fields will be considered for publication. Although not limited to the following, some general topics include:
- Gene discovery and characterization
- Gene regulation in response to environmental stress (e.g., salinity, drought, etc.)
- Genetic effects of transposable elements
- Genetic control of secondary metabolic pathways and metabolic enzymes.
- Herbal Medicine - regulation and medicinal properties of plant products.
- Plant hormonal signaling.
- Plant evolutionary genetics, molecular evolution, population genetics, and phylogenetics.
- Profiling of plant gene expression and genetic variation
- Plant-microbe interactions (e.g., influence of endophytes on gene expression; horizontal gene transfer studies; etc.)
- Agricultural genetics - biotechnology and crop improvement
Plant Gene encourages submission of novel manuscripts that present a reasonable level of analysis, functional relevance and/or mechanistic insight. Plant Gene also welcomes papers that have predominantly a descriptive component but improve the essential basis of knowledge for subsequent functional studies, or provide important confirmation of recently published discoveries.